Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have an idea but having doubts as well

Options
  • 27-04-2018 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

not to go much into business idea itself its competitive market in design field printing as far as i can say but im going wider on the idea.

first issue i see theres tons of businesses that do same, i wouldnt have much clue how to build customer base - not really facebook person or knocking on the doors type.

then theres time issue and scaling since would work from home, means wouldnt be able to do large jobs, even thou have experience in the field but not for larger projects where space and customers would be able to come in- thats the cost id avoid with current market since keeping it home only way it would work not to go into deep red with any financials.

sourcing materials wouldnt be hard since idea is based on relative that has working model abroad but took 5-6 years before turning good profit, not really worried about investment part as startup costs setup would be quite low.

one idea is just to go online ebay personal site and do it as side work, for extra cash, but in general locally or country wide would be hard to compete even online.

since for each addition to idea i come up with obstacles, it would be nice to have own company and be own boss but at best id be looking at ROI 3-5 years down the line if it was to kick off to fully rely on it as income goes.

Guess just looking for advice from people before they started business and experience good/bad learned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

scamalert wrote: »
    not to go much into business idea itself its competitive market in design field printing as far as i can say but im going wider on the idea.

first issue i see theres tons of businesses that do same, i wouldnt have much clue how to build customer base - not really facebook person or knocking on the doors type.

then theres time issue and scaling since would work from home, means wouldnt be able to do large jobs, even thou have experience in the field but not for larger projects where space and customers would be able to come in- thats the cost id avoid with current market since keeping it home only way it would work not to go into deep red with any financials.

sourcing materials wouldnt be hard since idea is based on relative that has working model abroad but took 5-6 years before turning good profit, not really worried about investment part as startup costs setup would be quite low.

one idea is just to go online ebay personal site and do it as side work, for extra cash, but in general locally or country wide would be hard to compete even online.

since for each addition to idea i come up with obstacles, it would be nice to have own company and be own boss but at best id be looking at ROI 3-5 years down the line if it was to kick off to fully rely on it as income goes.

Guess just looking for advice from people before they started business and experience good/bad learned.

You'll never know how it's going to go until you start, so just do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

first issue i see theres tons of businesses that do same

Welcome to capitalism!! opening a restaurant or starting a legal practice, there are already thousands doing it.. so there will enver be another restaurant or never a other solicitor? this should not deter you,

you sound disappointed before you have even started which is not a good sign, get excited about your business and figure out your USP .. price? service? quality? choice?
    it would be nice to have own company and be own boss but at best id be looking at ROI 3-5 years down the line
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

jacksn wrote: »
    you sound disappointed before you have even started which is not a good sign, get excited about your business and figure out your USP .. price? service? quality? choice?

well you hit the spot on that one to be fair, as doing research all week and weighting cons and pros , i found a lot more cons expenses time etc just adding up where limit of comfort and excitement gets muted by what ifs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

scamalert wrote: »
    well you hit the spot on that one to be fair, as doing research all week and weighting cons and pros , i found a lot more cons expenses time etc just adding up where limit of comfort and excitement gets muted by what ifs.

What's design field printing?

Advertisement