Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Real Men

Options
  • 26-04-2018 11:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

Where are they, seems nowadays they are too busy shaving their private regions, wearing skinny jeans, dabbling in bits of make up and driving around in girly cars.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

WTF is a "girly car"?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Wibbs wrote: »
    WTF is a "girly car"?

And WTF is a "real" man? Are all the ones I see on a day-to-day basis robots of some description? Escapees from Westworld, perhaps???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

WTF is a "girly car"?

Audi TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

We're butch!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is this the future of men...?
    https://youtu.be/fpyb3tbnAfI

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Is this the future of men...?
    https://youtu.be/fpyb3tbnAfI
    Over my dead body goddammit.

Me, earlier heading to the shops.

neanderthal-man.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

You'd be like sandpaper and get no hugs if you did that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

OP is the alpha lads. Move aside and let the real man through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

WTF is a "girly car"?

You've managed to never hear of that?

https://www.theaa.com/cars/news/driving-and-traffic/the-top-ten-girlie-cars-6315.html

amcalester wrote: »
    Audi TT

Fiat 500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Peatys wrote: »
    Fiat 500

From my experience in a 1.4 Fiat 500 in Siena it is NOT a girly car, thing is like a kart in the corners.

I would say the pre facelift TT, any of the mini range and the auzuki swift are definitely girly cars.

source wrote: »
    From my experience in a 1.4 Fiat 500 in Siena it is NOT a girly car, thing is like a kart in the corners.

I would say the pre facelift TT, any of the mini range and the auzuki swift are definitely girly cars.

From my experience renting a 998cc one in Dublin when my own car was fooked, it's a girly car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Reckon the Fiat500 would be 'at least x3 the girlishness' of any of those models.

A VW Beetle would also be x5 'the ladyness' of any version of a TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭gifted

My real man membership badge is on the mantlepiece....suspended membership for a few years while I look after the family, work and be a dad for the chicks and be a source of reliability for herself and the kids......also have to do a lot of other parenting jobs but I will be a real man again one day..lol lol

Currently at swimming lessons and probably bake them a few cupcakes in the afternoon......

Real man lol lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Jimmy Dags wrote: »
    Where are they, seems nowadays they are too busy shaving their private regions, wearing skinny jeans, dabbling in bits of make up and driving around in girly cars.

Says the man driving a 95 landcruiser and a Honda 90.
    You're like a farmer from Glenroe.

gifted wrote: »
    Currently at swimming lessons and probably bake them a few cupcakes in the afternoon......

Teaching survival at sea, and the hunting/gathering/preparation of food stuffs are both highly commendable actions.

Just as long as a Fiat500 isn't used at any point during the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

My real man membership badge is on the mantlepiece....suspended membership for a few years while I look after the family, work and be a dad for the chicks and be a source of reliability for herself and the kids......also have to do a lot of other parenting jobs but I will be a real man again one day..lol lol

Real man lol lol lol

Ya know what though, doing all of those things and minding your family makes you a lot more of a real man than falling about drunk, shooting small animals for the craic and using heavy machinery.

I do draw the line at skinny jeans though

One has to worry about the next generation, if this trend is to continue:

A student at Utah University trials a 'safe space closet' in their library...
    A Safe Place for Stressed Out Students Otherwise Known as The Cry Closet

With one eye on the Liverpool match, I'm sitting on the floor drinking tea from empty plastic cups surrounded by bears, Barbie's and dogs waiting on my turn to sing let it go...... If i didn't have kids I'd look a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Who says girls don’t like taking corners like they’re in a kart?

Find a lot of this stuff is horse manure anyway. I know quite a few girlies who love their BMWs and Audis and various high performance cars.

I was driving in Italy a few weeks ago and got passed by an old lady in a Lamborghini and she looked the part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Isn't illegal to be a 'real' man nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

EdgeCase wrote: »
    Who says girls don’t like taking corners like they’re in a kart?

Find a lot of this stuff is horse manure anyway. I know quite a few girlies who love their BMWs and Audis and various high performance cars.

I was driving in Italy a few weeks ago and got passed by an old lady in a Lamborghini and she looked the part.

Just to clarify, I was being facetious in my comment, joining in with the mocking tone of the thread. I personally drive a Peugeot 307, and couldn't give a flying fu¢k what anybody drives.

The very idea that a real man drives a powerful car or goes hunting and drinking is ridiculous in my mind. A real man is one who is able to adapt to the situations he finds himself in. Is self reliant and is able to put any sort of ego aside in getting involved with his kids, whether that's building a fort for his son or having a tea party and playing with dolls with his daughter. That is a real man.

EdgeCase wrote: »

My ma once got pulled over for doing well over 120mph in her TT....

Was let go cause the policeman thought it was well cool to find a lady in her 60's driving it 'like it should be driven' (his own words).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭gifted

With one eye on the Liverpool match, I'm sitting on the floor drinking tea from empty plastic cups surrounded by bears, Barbie's and dogs waiting on my turn to sing let it go...... If i didn't have kids I'd look a bit odd.

And I bet your loving it......I wouldn't change it for the world...kids remember these moments....love being the guinea pig for my chicks lol lol

From my experience in a 1.4 Fiat 500 in Siena it is NOT a girly car, thing is like a kart in the corners..
    Grand little car. And there's a few hot models too. Though the original of the species in Abarth form...

16768576-predappio-italia--21-de-julio-tuning-fiat-500-modelo-antiguo-en-el-rally-de-coches-de-epoca-quot-pre.jpg

Engine was too big to fit so they left the boot lid open on struts. Here let's put a big engine that won't quite fit in a clog. Sounds legit Lorenzo. Cos Italians. I bloody love Italians. Zero fcuks given about such things. :D

And I bet your loving it......I wouldn't change it for the world...kids remember these moments....love being the guinea pig for my chicks lol lol

I'd be loving it if they let me turn the volume up on the match :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Enjoy it.They'll hit that age at around 10 or so where they wont want to be seen near you. Youre not "cool" enough for them anymore!!!
    Unless its dropping them off to friends or doing daddys taxi or daddys bank!!

I used to love that on a Saturday or sunday morning just sitting there playing these kids games with them. Now its tablets,phones and games consoles.

This real man stuff is a load of bollox. Theres one friend of ours who thinks llike that. He wont even mind his 2 year old daughter while his wife goes to work--his words "real men don't mind kids" He wont even change a nappy.
    Costing them a grand a month in childcare that they don't actually need to be paying.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Theres one friend of ours who thinks llike that. He wont even mind his 2 year old daughter while his wife goes to work--his words "real men don't mind kids" He wont even change a nappy.
    Costing them a grand a month in childcare that they don't actually need to be paying.

that's not being a 'real' man, that's being a dick, both to his wife and daughter.

and you may quote me on that

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

wexie wrote: »
    that's not being a 'real' man, that's being a dick, both to his wife and daughter.

and you may quote me on that

Agreed. But he wont listen to anyone for love nor money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Look at this. Another fekin girly Mini being driven by man.

1967-Rally-Monte-Carlo-Morris-Mini-Cooper-S-Rauno-Aaltonen-Henry-Liddon-e1460926882751.jpg

Advertisement