Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the best reliable Chinese mobile brand?

Options
  • 26-04-2018 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I recently bought a ZTE Nubia Z17 Lite 5.5 Inch from GeekBuying as a replacement for my old Samsung phone. The Nubia phone seems to have very low signal strength and also very low mobile data speed. Any one have similar experience with ZTE?

I am thinking of returning this one and go for something else like Xiaomi / Oppo / OnePlus etc.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jamemid

Have a Xiaomi note nearly 2 year now. Dropped it at least 100 times! Still going strong .never have any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The Nubia Z17 lite doesn't support 4G band 20 800MHz used for rural areas.

Could that be the problem? If you get another phone, check that it has that 4G band.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭glen123

Have Xiaomi Mi Max for over a year now. Same - dropped it many times, etc but not a bother. Very good battery and I like their version of Andoid (being a previous Apple user for many years, I never thought i'd ever like Android)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I'm on my second oneplus, great phones

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

Any app to increase / boost signal strength?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,276 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

One plus for specs, but xiaomi for value for money

MaxPayneXL wrote: »
    Any app to increase / boost signal strength?

No.

There is nothing wrong with your phone it does not support the 800mhz band, the main band used for nationwide 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No.

There is nothing wrong with your phone it does not support the 800mhz band, the main band used for nationwide 4G

Not sure I agree, unibody build but no insulation bands for antenna separation. That would nerf its radio down to iPhone 4 standards.

ED E wrote: »
    Not sure I agree, unibody build but no insulation bands for antenna separation. That would nerf its radio down to iPhone 4 standards.

It could be that too but I've had a OnePlus 1 and suffered the same issues and ended up upgrading over it. It always felt slow as it was always on 3g which has dire speeds these days.
    Anyway, signal and speed on mobile are not really linked, you could have 5 bars and no speed or 1 bar and great speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Another very happy Xiaomi Note 4 owner. Excellent phone & great value for money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

New Oneplus 6 for sale from next week. Looks great, if you can manage the price.

MarkR wrote: »
    New Oneplus 6 for sale from next week. Looks great, if you can manage the price.

1P1 might have counted for the chinese phone thread, 1P6 is firmly outside the chinese phone bracket at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Another Xiaomi convert here. Hard to imagine getting better bang for your buck.

1P1 might have counted for the chinese phone thread, 1P6 is firmly outside the chinese phone bracket at this point.

Pretty sure it's still chinese. And a phone. So....

Pretty sure it's still chinese. And a phone. So....

But not in the spirit of the thread at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I'm holding out for a Mi A2..

Should be out in a couple of weeks

But not in the spirit of the thread at all.

I am thinking of returning this one and go for something else like Xiaomi / Oppo / OnePlus etc.

I think it is. How much is the OP looking to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

I think it is. How much is the OP looking to spend?

Max €250

Advertisement