Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are teaching jobs advertised?

Options
  • 26-04-2018 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Where are teaching jobs advertised? Second level, specifically.

I know many teaching jobs are on EducationPosts.ie and some are on the various ETB sites, but are there other sources? Websites, newspapers etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 darksarcasm

I'm not sure about newspapers but I know educationcareers.ie/ sometimes posts jobs in Ireland and abroad so it is worth a look. Also tes.com/jobs/ but they are almost exclusively in the United Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

You could try the aggregators, e.g. indeed.ie, countyjobs.ie, simplyhired.ie, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    You could try the aggregators, e.g. indeed.ie, countyjobs.ie, simplyhired.ie, etc.

There are two main ETB sites I'm familiar with:

www.etbjobs.ie

www.etbvacancies.ie

Then www.educationposts.ie seems to be a catch all for all other jobs in secondary schools including the two ETB sites above.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ethical

Generally positions advertised on www.educationposts.ie are jobs that exist whereas "jobs" advertised by ETBs have someone already in the position but have to advertise same "vacancy" to fulfill some employment law.I know many teachers (myself included)that have wasted their time applying for such a post. You get wise after a time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

ethical wrote: »
    Generally positions advertised on www.educationposts.ie are jobs that exist whereas "jobs" advertised by ETBs have someone already in the position but have to advertise same "vacancy" to fulfill some employment law.I know many teachers (myself included)that have wasted their time applying for such a post. You get wise after a time though!

I see you're still on the same hobby horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ethical

YA, I detest corruption!.......and those that enhance it!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It does not have to be as a result of corruption that someone already in a school, who knows the children and has maybe a few years already done in the school is the one selected to get the position following interview when it comes up.

Advertisement