Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Fitting

Options
  • 26-04-2018 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

The LED light fitting that we installed in our en-suite stopped working.

I thought that it may be a loose connection so tripped the relevant switches and re-connected and tightened all the connections as they were installed. In-tripped the switch at the fuse board again but no joy.

I came to the conclusion that the light fitting has given up.

So I removed it and taped-up all bare wires before switching on the trip switch again.

But then none of the other lights on that loop worked.

The wires that came to the light fitting was one brown wire and two blue which were connected together in the same connection feeding to the single blue wire in the light fitting.

To get the remainder of the light loop working again is it just a case of connecting the two blue wires (via a proper connecting unit) to get the lights working till we can sort a replacement light fitting?

There is no earth coming to the fitting but I understand that this is normal enough in older houses.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

What’s the best way to distribute satellite through the house? Are tvs with built in FreeSat receivers the way forward? Is is possible to have a single receiver (&recorder?)in the comms cabinet and distribute direct to the tvs? How do hotels do this? Do I need a seperate LNB feed from the satellite for each tv or are the two coaxes that the electrician left out sufficient?

Yes. Just join the blues. Use a proper connector and make sure it's good tight connection

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Dubsey

Thanks for that.

That's what I did yesterday and it worked a charm.

Every day a school day.

Advertisement