Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip in Carpark

Options
  • 26-04-2018 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So as title says my husband had tip in carpark a few days ago! Both cars were reversing at the time, my huband's was on main passage way and hers out of a space. There is damage to side of our car and damage to her rear bumper! They exchanged details but she was adament about contacting the insurance company as neither accepted liabilty. Guards were not called and no independent witnesses. She is adament about bringing insurance into it! Seems a shame as it was such a minor accident..scratches on both sides. How do these things normally play out? Will it be loss of no claims bonus if we did not plan on claiming but she does :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There is damage to side of our car and damage to her rear bumper!
    Sounds like she reversed into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 HouseGalway

the_syco wrote: »

Yeah hard to know he reckons it was 50:50 as he was waiting for space and reversed to let another car out and the cars tipped at that point! The other issue is that he was over the white line when reversing as its quite a tight carpark!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

the_syco wrote:

Looks the case. Did he get any photos at the time as that would be useful to validate this. If she wants to go through insurance then deny liability but the insurance company may just give in regardless.

There problem with insurance is that the damage may not be much more than your excess, you will then have a claim history and subsequent premiums will go up and you won't have much option to change insurer. Hence you are to make sure that the claim is against her.

If it was me, I would be saying that she reversed into the side of my car and that it doesn't make sense for her to state that I was reversing.

Advertisement