Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table tennis table recommendation

Options
  • 26-04-2018 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking for an indoor table tennis table for personal use at home (i.e not part of a club). I've had a look on DoneDeal and there seems to a few for sale (I'm not in a rush, I'd be happy to buy a table in the next 6 months)

I've also seen this Slazenger one on Agros:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3358663.htm#tabrev
    It's a similar price to 2nd hand tables on DoneDeal.

Is the Slazenger table tennis table any good?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gronings

The main thing to consider is the size. I'd always just go with the proper dimensions 2.74 m (9.0 ft) long, 1.525 m (5.0 ft) wide, and 76 cm (2.5 ft) high. The Slazenger table has the proper dimensions. Anytime you look at a table, make sure to check the dimensions. The pictures can be deceiving.

If you're buying used, I would try and find one that's for sale locally and check it out in person before you buy. The surface of the table can get worn down if it's been used a lot. It becomes much more slick and it's a bit trickier to play on.

The Slazenger table is perfectly fine if you're a casual player. It's middle range, so it's better quality than the cheaper no-name brands, but not as good as the professional tables made by Butterfly or DHS. You wouldn't really see a Slazenger table at a tournament, so if you're a serious player getting a more professional table is a much better investment, but the Slazenger table would still be usable nonetheless.

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Excellent info gronings - thanks for that.
    I'm going to go ahead and buy the Slazenger table as I'm just a casual player

Advertisement