Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching experience abroad

Options
  • 26-04-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me with this. I have been teaching in a private international school for the last three years. Prior to that I taught in the UK for three years and seven months. I did my teacher training in 2011 (last year of the 'one year PGDE' if I'm not mistaken).

I plan to return to Ireland this year, *hopefully* getting a job in September. Will my experience teaching in the UK and Italy count towards my pay? Or will I be starting from the bottom of the pay scale? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

dazzeremo wrote: »
    Hi all, hopefully someone can help me with this. I have been teaching in a private international school for the last three years. Prior to that I taught in the UK for three years and seven months. I did my teacher training in 2011 (last year of the 'one year PGDE' if I'm not mistaken).

I plan to return to Ireland this year, *hopefully* getting a job in September. Will my experience teaching in the UK and Italy count towards my pay? Or will I be starting from the bottom of the pay scale? Thanks!

No all that will count, you'll need some forms stamped from these schools as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dazzeremo

Thanks for your reply. I'm after getting on to payroll and hopefully they will provide some clarity.

dazzeremo wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I'm after getting on to payroll and hopefully they will provide some clarity.

You get an increment for every 600 hours worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

You get an increment for every 600 hours worked.

For any country abroad?

For any country abroad?

I have no idea but to get an increment in Ireland it's 600 hours so just assuming the same for people who worked abroad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement