Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of kitchen painting

Options
  • 25-04-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Has been a while since we did any painting so out of touch with pricing. Getting Kitchen, utility and small downstairs toilet painted and would like help to know if We’re being quoted a fair price ?

Kitchen, ceiling, walls, skirting and sill 220
    Utility room, ceiling, walls skirting and sill 120
    Bathroom, ceiling, walls, skirting and sill. 120
    4 white doors painted each side. 140
    Kitchen table and six chairs repainted. 330
    Kitchen and utility room units hand painted. 1050. Total. 1980

I also have a sideboard in kitchen which he hasn’t mentioned in quote but I’m hoping he has taken it in as part of the units painting. Quote will include 2 coats of paint, all cracks and holes filled with filler prior to painting. I will be supplying the paint myself which will be farrow and ball.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Having recently painted the presses in a friends kitchen I can say it's a lot of work to do right.

Based purely on my own guesstimate taking in the time required and all the preparation and materials I'd say that element of the cost is about right. I painted 23 doors - some with glass panels - and finished them all with clear lacquer. Took 5 days end to end.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

flahers wrote: »
    Has been a while since we did any painting so out of touch with pricing. Getting Kitchen, utility and small downstairs toilet painted and would like help to know if We’re being quoted a fair price ?

Kitchen, ceiling, walls, skirting and sill 220
    Utility room, ceiling, walls skirting and sill 120
    Bathroom, ceiling, walls, skirting and sill. 120
    4 white doors painted each side. 140
    Kitchen table and six chairs repainted. 330
    Kitchen and utility room units hand painted. 1050. Total. 1980

I also have a sideboard in kitchen which he hasn’t mentioned in quote but I’m hoping he has taken it in as part of the units painting. Quote will include 2 coats of paint, all cracks and holes filled with filler prior to painting. I will be supplying the paint myself which will be farrow and ball.

I would say thats a pretty fair price provided no money is paid until your are satisfied.

Advertisement