Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lads holiday ideas (Europe)

• 25-04-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone got any Sun Holiday destinations ideas in Europe for lads in early/mid 20s? We'd be looking at somewhere with a good nightlife and direct flights that gets a decent amount of Irish.

We were thinking the likes of Ibiza, Sunny Beach, Ayia Napa (not Ponsa :p).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

I'm going to suggest a few places but I tend to avoid Irish abroad (so these places would have a good few Irish) and meet other foreigners/locals:

Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Berlin are usually good night lives and drinking at cheap prices with direct flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

moloner4 wrote: »
    I'm going to suggest a few places but I tend to avoid Irish abroad (so these places would have a good few Irish) and meet other foreigners/locals:

Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Berlin are usually good night lives and drinking at cheap prices with direct flights.

I've been to Prague and Amsterdam before, lovely cities. I prefer doing cities in and around the winter and sun/beach holidays in the summer.

I've been to Prague and Amsterdam before, lovely cities. I prefer doing cities in and around the winter and sun/beach holidays in the summer.

I've done Croatia for good sun/breach holidays. Zadar and Split had a great nightlife when I was there.

moloner4 wrote: »
    I've done Croatia for good sun/breach holidays. Zadar and Split had a great nightlife when I was there.

I was reading about Croatia and I saw it was more for families than young people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Why not try a festival in Spain or Portugal?

Benecassim or Nos Alive are good spots. Loads of young people around, plenty of things on. Get an Airbnb or hostel instead of camping though.

We worked it out a few years back as cheaper to fly return to Madrid, then rent a car and drive to Portugal for 3 nights with Alive weekend tickets than going to EP.

Great lineup, great weather, gorgeous women and a much more chilled atmosphere than any Irish festival.

• Advertisement

I was reading about Croatia and I saw it was more for families than young people?

I went with a group and there seemed to be a lot of others around. In split some of the island seemed like just one big big party island.

eeguy wrote: »
    Why not try a festival in Spain or Portugal?

Benecassim or Nos Alive are good spots. Loads of young people around, plenty of things on. Get an Airbnb or hostel instead of camping though.

We worked it out a few years back as cheaper to fly return to Madrid, then rent a car and drive to Portugal for 3 nights with Alive weekend tickets than going to EP.

Great lineup, great weather, gorgeous women and a much more chilled atmosphere than any Irish festival.

I think I'll go creamfields (again) and life so that'll do me nicely :)

Haven't been on a proper sun holiday in a good few years so that's why that's on my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Go to Barcelona as you have the best of both worlds.....lovely beaches and vibrant city nightlife all within the one compact city.

Advertisement