Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving boiler from inside to outside

Options
  • 25-04-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I’ve a boiler in the kitchen and I absolutely hate it.
    It’s getting to the stage where it will need replacing in the next year. I’m just wondering would anyone have any idea of a ballpark figure to move it outside excluding the actual cost of the boiler. Just for information, the boiler is currently located on an outside wall and will basically be moved outside at exactly the same location.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Gas or Oil? Also, maybe a pic of where the boiler is inside and the outside wall.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭adam88

Sorry forgot to include. It’s oil heating.

Your existing boiler isn't suitable for outside. Why do you dislike it inside so much?

Anyway it wouldn't be too big of a job to put a new boiler outside. Because of its situation, it would probably need a plume kit.

I don't do many installs and its over a year ago since I did one. But at a rough guess €3000 give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭adam88

Wearb wrote: »
    Your existing boiler isn't suitable for outside. Why do you dislike it inside so much?

Anyway it wouldn't be too big of a job to put a new boiler outside. Because of its situation, it would probably need a plume kit.

I don't do many installs and its over a year ago since I did one. But at a rough guess €3000 give or take.

Yip, the one I have I think is on its last legs so would be getting a new one. Would the 3000 be excluding the cost of a new boiler ??

adam88 wrote: »
    Yip, the one I have I think is on its last legs so would be getting a new one. Would the 3000 be excluding the cost of a new boiler ??

Unless its rusted out, it isn't on its last legs.

Yes including the boiler. Remember the underlined roughly in my previous post. There are a lot of variables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

The boiler looks to be in a very poor location.It doesnt do your kitchen any favours.It an inefficient boiler.A new grant vortex high efficiency boiler will save you 20 percent plus on oil p.a.In my opinion it does pay to change the boiler and move it outside and will improve your kitchen as an added bonus

Advertisement