Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you survive without riding

Options
  • 25-04-2018 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

3 days without riding a bike and I am getting withdrawal symptoms. I literally cannot stop riding, it's an addiction. Going home if the weather is nice, I always take the longest route possible because the feeling is awesome. How most of you just ride once a month or a few times per year? It's been affecting my life actually, sometimes I have large amount of work to do and I am stressed out so I to go out and ride for 3 hours and it's awesome. I cannot imagine my life without bikes anymore and if I had to stay without one for a month then I would probably kill myself. I currently have 2 bikes to supper my addiction in case one of them breaks down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Oh.

A bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Surely this a question for the non-motorcyclists. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Bummer..got sucked in there..........:o

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

I'm finding it very difficult at the moment, a back injury that's taking it's time to heal is driving me nuts.
    It's been 6 weeks off the bike and counting, I've even considered selling the fireblade and getting something more upright !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Mrhuth wrote: »
    3 days without riding a bike and I am getting withdrawal symptoms. I literally cannot stop riding, it's an addiction. Going home if the weather is nice, I always take the longest route possible because the feeling is awesome. How most of you just ride once a month or a few times per year? It's been affecting my life actually, sometimes I have large amount of work to do and I am stressed out so I to go out and ride for 3 hours and it's awesome. I cannot imagine my life without bikes anymore and if I had to stay without one for a month then I would probably kill myself. I currently have 2 bikes to supper my addiction in case one of them breaks down.

OP......
    Its a bit like taking down a poster

There's an up

There's a down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I miss cycling more than I miss my motorbike if I'm to be honest about it.

I've two bicycles and one motorbike, and I'm looking for a reason to buy a third bicycle (I don't have a fixie, do I need a fixie?.. I've no beard so probably not).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I've two bicycles and one motorbike, and I'm looking for a reason to buy a third bicycle (I don't have a fixie, do I need a fixie?.. I've no beard so probably not).

Grow a beard, then you can get the fixie. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Grow a beard, then you can get the fixie. Problem solved.

Buy a fixie and tell them to throw in a free beard !

mamax wrote: »
    I'm finding it very difficult at the moment, a back injury that's taking it's time to heal is driving me nuts.
    It's been 6 weeks off the bike and counting, I've even considered selling the fireblade and getting something more upright !

Wha..like a Segway..............:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

D3V!L wrote: »
    Buy a fixie and tell them to throw in a free beard !

jw46OKJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Fvckers, you've just made my shit list along with Blade1 and his poxy crocked Ohlins sticker.

Wha..like a Segway..............:p

A bit too upright :rolleyes:

Might go back to an adventure type bike, pan or even a speed triple
    Where's the thread for bike swaps :P

Spent the whole winter preparing for this season and now it feels like it's all been for nothing, - :mad:

It's always the same when your injured it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Kids........that's what stopped me......for now!!!

Mrhuth wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

OP......

There's an up

There's a down

The only downside in this country is the weather. If I was in California or somewhere with a similar climate then I would probably be riding for hours every week

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would you consider a trike? Just ensure it was built as a trike, as a modified bike that's now a trike can lead to insurance problems.

the_syco wrote: »
    Would you consider a trike? Just ensure it was built as a trike, as a modified bike that's now a trike can lead to insurance problems.

If it's got more than 2 wheels it's not a motorcycle :D
    Some of us are just wired that way after 30 years on 2 wheels ;)

The only downside in this country is the weather. If I was in California or somewhere with a similar climate then I would probably be riding for hours every week
    Yeah, but then you'd be too hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Lumen wrote: »
    Yeah, but then you'd be too hot.

Then you ride faster haha. I'd prefer that than being soaked all the time to be honest, it's uncomfortable, more dangerous and the visibility is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If it's got more than 2 wheels it's not a motorcycle :D
    Some of us are just wired that way after 30 years on 2 wheels ;)
    In that case, I'm guessing that they'll probably either have to use this, or one of these?

• Advertisement

Then you ride faster haha. I'd prefer that than being soaked all the time to be honest, it's uncomfortable, more dangerous and the visibility is poor.
    It only rains during 1 hour in 8 according to data from Casement.

So it's 88% not raining!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

You talk of addiction and withdrawal. You just haven't accepted it yet.
    Its an incurable disease and at best can be managed.

Lumen wrote: »
    It only rains during 1 hour in 8 according to data from Casement.

So it's 88% not raining!

Well its been fcuking raining for hours today.............:P

Dry now.

Blue Light Bar cafe racer night tonight anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Dry now.

Blue Light Bar cafe racer night tonight anyone??

Tempted to take the RNineT :) Is there much of a turn out ?

D3V!L wrote: »
    Tempted to take the RNineT :) Is there much of a turn out ?

Yes.....allways lots of bikes up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

OP......

There's an up

There's a down

Be thankful...where I live I can't ride for 5 months of the year because there's snow everywhere. Just got out on the bike the past couple of weeks, but there's snow forecast for next week so that's another day or 2 not riding.
    I am planning a trip across the rocky mountains in August, though, so it's not all bad!

masseyno9 wrote: »
    Be thankful...where I live I can't ride for 5 months of the year because there's snow everywhere. Just got out on the bike the past couple of weeks, but there's snow forecast for next week so that's another day or 2 not riding.
    I am planning a trip across the rocky mountains in August, though, so it's not all bad!

Until you mentioned the Rockies i thought you were in Sligo...:D

Not a bad evening up at the Blue Light.

• Advertisement

Yeah..good turnout..was sitting on yer bike...:)

Advertisement