Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash

Options
  • 24-04-2018 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

in a work van that i do not own or insure a forklift in another buisness premises and area crashed into me.totally his fault he pulled out into me.i have a personal injury claim against the owners,against their insurance.

do i need to disclose this when renewing my own private car insurance?
    will it affect my no claims bonus?
    and the fact that i have no claim against my insurance and 15 + years ncb should my premium go up when renewing it?

in other words how will i be treated when renewing?
    i didnt cause this crash and my insurance company are not involved.
    i cannot get a straight answer from anyone.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You have to advise your insurer if you are involved in any accident or incident, regardless of blame, it's part of your policy conditions.

It will not effect your policy or insurance other than its unlikely any other insurer will be willing to take you on while the claim is pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

how did a forklift injure you? I'm curious.
    I drive forklifts every day, there is no way they would build up enough speed to cause damage to anyone in a car let alone a van.
    Unless you got impaled?

if anything the driver of the forks would be seriously injured if he did drive into you at speed. you make it sound like he just tipped you by pulling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    how did a forklift injure you? I'm curious.
    I drive forklifts every day, there is no way they would build up enough speed to cause damage to anyone in a car let alone a van.
    Unless you got impaled?

if anything the driver of the forks would be seriously injured if he did drive into you at speed. you make it sound like he just tipped you by pulling out.

€€€

Advertisement