Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent, budget noise cancelling earbuds/headphones?

Options
  • 24-04-2018 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to buy a budget pair of earbuds/headphones (don't care which, will go for whichever are better at noise cancelling). Would I get a 1/2 decent pair for under €30? If not I'd go higher....

I tried a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones at work for 1 day and liked them. If they're something that help me I'd consider buying a better quality pair down the line.

I'm not bothered with the music quality (at the moment).

Cheers,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

There are some budget NC headphones out there but for €30 you’re really not going to get anything even remotely similar to Bose, I’m assuming it’s QCs you tried? Earbuds/phones aren’t something I’m overly familiar with, the cheapest NC headphones I could recommend are the Sennheiser 4.50s but they’re not cheap, €130 I think. There’s loads of cheaper options on amazon, I’d suggest having a google and maybe look on r/headphones. I’m afraid you’ve been spoilt by the Bose as they are arguably the best NC headphones around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I would recommend Kz ate. Sound is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sony MDR-ZX11NA

Philips SHL3850NC

Or try some well-sealing in-ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭AllForIt

OP, I'm afraid there are no good budget noice cancelling headphones. If it's really important to you then mabye it would be worth saving up for the Bose, I tried them once in Petes and they are really good. There are a lot of crap NC headphones out there, I wouldn't waste my money on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AllForIt wrote: »
    OP, I'm afraid there are no good budget noice cancelling headphones. If it's really important to you then mabye it would be worth saving up for the Bose, I tried them once in Petes and they are really good. There are a lot of crap NC headphones out there, I wouldn't waste my money on them.

Maybe nothing great in low-budget, but there's lots of good choices in the €60-120 market.
    Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 / ATH-ANC33iS, Linner NC50, Samsung Level U Pro / Level On Pro, Sony Sony WH-CH700N.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The Audio-Technica get mentioned a bit, Philips shb8850nc as well. Think I'll stretch to €100ish and go for one of them.

Advertisement