Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown - Day 5

Options
  • 24-04-2018 7:56am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

And it's all coming to an end. A week of excitement and delightment, tension, cheering and celebrations....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Laurina down to run in mares @ 3/1....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Black Benny and Lasocar and Jer's Girl e/w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Apples Jade was 7/4 earlier. Managed to get a bit of 13/8. 6/4 now but reckon she is still a bet at that.

Clearly below form at Cheltenham. Think she will take a bit of beating if she can show her true form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Took a chance on two in the handicap hurdle at 5.35

Flawless Escape 18/1 5 places
    C’est Jersy 50/1 6 places skybet

Couldnt resist the 2nd one as he won the novice hurdle 12 months ago last year but has had a mixed season chasing and ran ok lto back over hurdles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Fine rightly could be well suited by this race and is a fair e/w price, looked like he'd hack up at Haydock 2 starts back over a bit further but emptied late on in a swamp. If Lynch can hold onto him until late i think he'll go close in a chase weaker than he's used to competing in.

Apples Jade (NAP) Forget her last run, everything went wrong for her, by far the best hurdler here as far as i'm concerned and should right the wrong from last month.

Fletchers Flyer, won this 2 years back but missed plenty of time since and plenty to be taken on trust that he'll arrive here in top form but his mark is too lenient to ignore.

Meri Devie, ran a nice race last time and step up in trip could suit considering his lack of toe at the end, Fehily booked so i'd expect he'll be put to sleep out the back and will appear over the last 2 hurdles.

I'm down plenty this week so i'll be keeping stakes modest barring AJ. Hopefully get it all back :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

All over APPLE'S JADE 11/8 the best I could get but won't care as long as she wins.

HIGH NELLIE 3.10 at 8s I also like. Has won both chase starts with ease beating 132 and 129 rated horses so a mark of 130 looks very manageable

BOL

Apples jade / Mr Adjudicator to top off a very good week for ol Roger

Will take Aussie Valentine in the last joke of a race on its recent flat form. 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Few for today. Backed Stormy Ireland last week/early in the week at 11/4 to see she's3s and bigger :p
    Backed Minella Daddy last week as well for the Bet365. Was on at Cheltenham but I'm led to believe he's better going right handed and better ground will suit.
    1pt on Apples Jade at 5/4 this morning, nothing major cause I'm not sure Elliotts horses are at their peak this week
    Aidan has backed a couple of my cliff horses Abyssial and Heron Heights. I might have a small bit on them. And will take a look at the 17.00 at Punchestown later cause I think I can find a bet in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

madmoose wrote: »
    Took a chance on two in the handicap hurdle at 5.35

Flawless Escape 18/1 5 places
    C’est Jersy 50/1 6 places skybet

Couldnt resist the 2nd one as he won the novice hurdle 12 months ago last year but has had a mixed season chasing and ran ok lto back over hurdles.

FE a NR now

Replace with Turcagua at 25/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm interested in Kilcullen Flem and Nicoles Milan in the 17.00. Low weights for both. The former is proven over the distance and seems well enough treated while the latter has plenty of stamina and been tried over shorter trips lately though is out of the handicap. 

Both win only

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Fine rightly could be well suited by this race and is a fair e/w price, looked like he'd hack up at Haydock 2 starts back over a bit further but emptied late on in a swamp. If Lynch can hold onto him until late i think he'll go close in a chase weaker than he's used to competing in.

Apples Jade (NAP) Forget her last run, everything went wrong for her, by far the best hurdler here as far as i'm concerned and should right the wrong from last month.

Fletchers Flyer, won this 2 years back but missed plenty of time since and plenty to be taken on trust that he'll arrive here in top form but his mark is too lenient to ignore.

Meri Devie, ran a nice race last time and step up in trip could suit considering his lack of toe at the end, Fehily booked so i'd expect he'll be put to sleep out the back and will appear over the last 2 hurdles.

I'm down plenty this week so i'll be keeping stakes modest barring AJ. Hopefully get it all back :pac:

Meri Devie is a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Nina retired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Dear oh dear what has happened to Apples Jade. Was impressive in nipping Supasundae late at 3m to being absolutely cooked twice on a shorter trip since. She's only 6 but she needs a long rest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Dear oh dear what has happened to Apples Jade. Was impressive in nipping Supasundae late at 3m to being absolutely cooked twice on a shorter trip since. She's only 6 but she needs a long rest.

Have you considered the possibility that Benie Des Dieux is quite useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Have you considered the possibility that Benie Des Dieux is quite useful

Apples Jade should not be faltering like that at the end. Hitting the wall that far out from the finish is alarming, regardless of who she's up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ted is hard listening to on the subject of women jockeys

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

madmoose wrote: »
    FE a NR now

Replace with Turcagua at 25/1

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Was about to put on Clarendon Street at 20/1 moved down to 14/ within a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Late to this one but Inis Meain surely worth a shot here at 20/1. The favourite is awfully short for this type of race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Well done with MD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Was there today so not watching it on TV. What was he saying about them this time?

convert wrote: »
    Was there today so not watching it on TV. What was he saying about them this time?

Praised Rachael Blackmore to the hilt so I don't know what he's getting at

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Praised Rachael Blackmore to the hilt so I don't know what he's getting at

He made a comment about women not being as good jockeys as men and gave a few minutes trying to back up from the comment, Rachel won the race (which was after I posted the above comment) and he said that she was every bit as good a jockey as the men, he was still trying to make ammends for his comment.

He made a comment about women not being as good jockeys as men and gave a few minutes trying to back up from the comment, Rachel won the race (which was after I posted the above comment) and he said that she was every bit as good a jockey as the men, he was still trying to make ammends for his comment.
    He's telling the truth, nina Katie and Rachel are the exception to the rule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

paddybarry wrote: »
    Meri Devie is a mare.

A clerical error. My apologies

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

He's telling the truth, nina Katie and Rachel are the exception to the rule

They're the ones who got the opportunity to shine. There are lots of good female riders out there who don't get the chance or who decide not to continue race riding for various reasons.

Percentage wise there are far more lads riding, so there'll always be more male riders. And while some might argue that girls aren't as good as the lads, there are some sh*t male riders out there who barely know one end of the horse from the other. Then, it's also worth remembering that there are also lots of good male riders who don't get opportunities either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Anyone know how many places Boyles were paying in the 5.00 race?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

convert wrote: »
    They're the ones who got the opportunity to shine. There are lots of good female riders out there who don't get the chance or who decide not to continue race riding for various reasons.

Percentage wise there are far more lads riding, so there'll always be more male riders. And while some might argue that girls aren't as good as the lads, there are some sh*t male riders out there who barely know one end of the horse from the other. Then, it's also worth remembering that there are also lots of good male riders who don't get opportunities either.

Heard Willie Mullins interview on Newstalk, some fascinating stuff, even though I never seem to be on the right side of his winners/losers.

He spoke about Katie Walsh being just as good as the male jockeys and very much part of his team of jockeys.
    That's why she rode so many of his at Cheltenham while Ruby Walsh, Paul Townend, David Mullins, David Casey, Patrick Mullins, Noel Fehily et al were watching her.
    Undoubtedly talented.
    No need for the exaggeration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

FYP

Advertisement