Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Vs Three

Options
  • 23-04-2018 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm currently on a 30 day contract with Eir for €20 per month(Simplicity Plan). All call & texts in Ireland unlimited, 15gb data. I'm very happy with coverage.

The trouble is I've no voicemail and I can't make calls or send texts abroad, I've some relatives I would like to text around Europe, please DO NOT suggest using whatsapp - for my elderly relatives this is not an option. Not being able to make calls while in Europe/US is a major disadvantage.

Three have an offer of unlimited calls and texts for €20 per month but its a 24 month bill contract which I've NEVER been a fan of :( but it would mean I'd have voicemail and be able to use the phone abroad.

How is Three's coverage and would they be better than Eir?

Does anyone know of a 30 day rolling contract that would give me unlimited calls+texts, around 15gb data, voicemail and the ability to use my phone abroad?

I'd appreciate any opinions thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Roaming in EU should work with the plan you have.

Theres an Eir forum on boards that might fix those issues.
    Whatever about the voicemail problem, EU roaming should definitely work, otherwise Eir are contravening EU regulations.

Vodafone would be better than 3 and Eir
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057850162

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Cheers for the info Ten Pin! I've heading to Spain in June and would really be able to use me phone while there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Voicemail is free on eir if you use the 085 5xxxxxxx and click #. It's considered a normal free call.

I was with three/o2/Tesco etc until last year and wouldn't go near any variation of three again, reception and data speeds are no comparison.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Voicemail is free on eir if you use the 085 5xxxxxxx and click #. It's considered a normal free call.

I was with three/o2/Tesco etc until last year and wouldn't go near any variation of three again, reception and data speeds are no comparison.

When someone calls my number If I don't pick up then it doesn't go to voicemail, instead you get the following message...

"The number you have dialled cannot be reached at the moment, please try again later".

Thanks for the info about Three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's a number you dial which sets up the voicemail. I don't have it to hand but Google will sort u out or ring helpline.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    There's a number you dial which sets up the voicemail. I don't have it to hand but Google will sort u out or ring helpline.

Cheers for that :)

Advertisement