Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance Blue Insurance

Options
  • 23-04-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi, a quick heads up here.
    Was just searching for car insurance.
    Went through normal online form filling for about 8 different companies. All quotes received although varying greatly were in the normally expected price range. Then I got to Blue Insurance. It was the longest form ever! Then lol lol, the quote that came back was more than 3 times higher than the previous highest quote.
    Save yourself an awful lot of time, don’t go there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

What are your particulars?

Not everyone is guaranteed to get a crazy quote just because you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Hi, a quick heads up here.
    Was just searching for car insurance.
    Went through normal online form filling for about 8 different companies. All quotes received although varying greatly were in the normally expected price range. Then I got to Blue Insurance. It was the longest form ever! Then lol lol, the quote that came back was more than 3 times higher than the previous highest quote.
    Save yourself an awful lot of time, don’t go there.

Was it for 2 years though? Blue quote for 24 months sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Way to generalise OP. I’ve use them currently without any issues. They are picky as to who they will insure. If you have an old, crappy car they will not be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You are being a little unfair op. All insurance companies give wild quotes if you fit into a bracket that they have enough of. Someone else might find the company that you eventually end up with the most expensive because they are in a bracket that, that company has too many of.

Bottom line is if one insurance company was more expensive than the rest on all quotes they would soon be out of business

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

As the others have said it's nothing to do with Blue Insurance.  Every time I renew for myself, and I also check for my parents, there's always 1 or 2 companies that give crazy quotes, I've gotten 3rd party only quotes over a thousand Euro more than fully comp, that throw up silly quotes. I just ignore them as they don't  want my business this year, I check them the next year and they could be the best quote.  It all depends on how many of your demographic the company has on it's books and if it wants to increase or decrease the amount.  
    What should really be complained about is getting a renewal for x. After getting numerous quotes from other companies the x quote now becomes x-y and some how manages to beat the better quote you got, why has my risk profile suddenly changed because I don't want to give you x for my insurance.  It's for that reason I never go back to the original company if I get a better quote even if they contact me and over a better price.  Give me the best price the 1st or sod off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They are brokers not insurers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We'll stop here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement