Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on if it's worth claiming for this repair

Options
  • 23-04-2018 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Long story short, husband hit a badger on the motorway in the early hours of this morning. I work at a dealership so they looked at it straight away for me today, €1150 with my staff discount.

Policy excess is €300. So if the renewal quote doesn't go up by more than €800 after claiming, then we've saved money. But obviously it's hard to tell.

We have step back no claims, so will only lose 3 years.

We already have 1 claim from 2015.

If I call the insurance company, can they advise an estimate on how much the premium would rise by?

Just wanted to add that the last renewal price was €763. That's with 40% NCD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

Remember that the loss of NCB will affect you for another 4 years until you get back to maximum so that will be a minimum of €1000 before any increase in premium is taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Long story short, husband hit a badger on the motorway in the early hours of this morning. I work at a dealership so they looked at it straight away for me today, €1150 with my staff discount.

Policy excess is €300. So if the renewal quote doesn't go up by more than €800 after claiming, then we've saved money. But obviously it's hard to tell.

We have step back no claims, so will only lose 3 years.

We already have 1 claim from 2015.

If I call the insurance company, can they advise an estimate on how much the premium would rise by?

Just wanted to add that the last renewal price was €763. That's with 40% NCD.

Not worth it, fix it yourself and move on.

You'd have two recent claims and 3 step of NCB. I can see you premium going to 2k quiet easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Yeah I think we will go with just paying it ourselves. It's not worth the hassle and uncertainty of going through the insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

Get a price off an independent place too. it might be cheaper

Advertisement