Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eglobal central

Options
  • 23-04-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Purchased a Galaxy S7 from this company in january. Transaction straightforward via PayPal, and the item was dispatched reasonably quickly and arrived simply packaged and looked intact in most respects, although the box appeared a bit tatty. Once out of the box and checked i set the phone aside as id ordered a heavy duty case from another company so i continued to use my old phone until that arrived. When in full daily use i noticed the S7 drained it's battery dramatically. My phone usage is straightforward enough and in line with good reviews from reputable sites and also asking friends who had the same phone, i expected a brand new unit capable of a days service with normal use.
    I compared it with a friends S7 on levels of usage and also made sure that any potentially power hungry apps or features weren't interfering but by the time I'd switched on all reasonable power saving devices within the unit, i found only a marginal improvement. Moreover by comparison my friends slightly older phone was capable of sustaining a full day with none of the power savers on. Clearly there was a problem with the one I purchased. I made contact with the seller via their online facilty for warranty issues and returns. I'd exceeded the 30 day return but I was communicating an issue covered under warranty and I just wanted the phone repaired or replaced. Subsequently a merry go round of instructions begun in which it became clear that the details of my complaint were scarcely being noted and all I received were instructions like "turn off bluetooth", "turn off wifi" and "factory reset". Finally I requested an answer to the very simple question, will you accept the return of the phone under warranty?
    The response was
    "Sorry but we cannot accept the request from you. Since the degradation of performance is not covered by warranty. "
    The phone was faulty when I received it.
    Extremely unsatisfactory experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭orm0nd

any good raising a dispute through paypal,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnscleary

That's precisely what I've done, they've apparently had a response from the seller and the jury is out. It's hard to understand how a company can believe it's not worth more than bad will to simply deal with a case like this by acknowledgement of warranty obligations. I was prepared to put up with the inconvenience of returning the thing and accepting the wait for repair or replacement. Pure and simple. Eglobals interface for dealing with this kind of situation is clearly designed to exhaust the customer with inanity before refusing responsibility.
    I'd absolutely not recommend them.

Advertisement