Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote bike rentals recommendations

Options
  • 23-04-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Heading to lanza in June. Staying in porto del Carmen area. And recommendations for bike rentals? Should I book in advance or wait til I get there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭LCD

Definitely book in advance. Used this guy in February this year. Reasonable price, located on the strip. Were Stevens bikes

johanwagenaar@hotmail.nl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

LCD wrote: »
    Definitely book in advance. Used this guy in February this year. Reasonable price, located on the strip. Were Stevens bikes

johanwagenaar@hotmail.nl

Cheers LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

renner bikes puerto del carmen. Shop at both ends of strip. Decent bikes. Good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

renner bikes puerto del carmen. Shop at both ends of strip. Decent bikes. Good service.

Have used these guys twice and using them again next week. Flinstons and Revolution bikes also come highly recommended by friends of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I used Revolution Bikes last September.

0034 635 87 9198

Found them reasonable. I had a bike for nearly a month so I used to bring it in each week to check tyre pressures and chain lube etc which they did without any charge (To be fair, renting a bike for a month, why wouldn't they!)

They're about 10 minutes walk from Old town end of strip but they will drop bike to you if you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Really recommend Mick aka Buena Bike Lanzarote if looking to explore island - excellent guide and would also point you in direction of rental options local to you

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

Used Revolution bikes last year as well. They will deliver it out to your accommodation for free if you’re a bit away from them. We stayed in Playa Blanca and they delivered 2 bikes out to us one evening and picked them up. 100 Euro deposit on the bikes so bare that in mind with most rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Craig06 wrote: »
    Used Revolution bikes last year as well. They will deliver it out to your accommodation for free if you’re a bit away from them. We stayed in Playa Blanca and they delivered 2 bikes out to us one evening and picked them up. 100 Euro deposit on the bikes so bare that in mind with most rentals.

In Cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

Used these 3 or 4 times now. I will not go anywhere else.
    http://www.proactionbikerent.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Heading to lanza in June. Staying in porto del Carmen area. And recommendations for bike rentals? Should I book in advance or wait til I get there?

book in advance to get size u need, n pedals, happy to provide some of better roads to use, on my biggest day i found a nice route to cross the islands, recommend going through the park both ways, one road very quiet so peaceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Anyone got an up to date opinion on the above? Hoping to go over Christmas for 10 days and will be hiring two road bikes. Seems to be a lot of options there for road bike rental. If there's any reason to choose one crowd over another then let me have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

fat bloke wrote: »
    Anyone got an up to date opinion on the above? Hoping to go over Christmas for 10 days and will be hiring two road bikes. Seems to be a lot of options there for road bike rental. If there's any reason to choose one crowd over another then let me have it :)

I was there last Christmas and there was no shortage of places renting road bikes. Instead of renting one for 10 days I rented only on the days I wanted to cycle, and my family didn’t have to look at it for the whole time.

Sound. Who did you rent from in the end? Bikes and service good?

Our plan would be to get out every day to be honest and at the crack of dawn so we'd probably just rent for the duration. We'd be bringing saddles and pedals and stuff as well and it'd be handier to install and set them up once rather than daily, y'know the way.

I see you used proaction above, sorry. Yeah, they look good and they're near our hotel. Revolution seem to get very good reviews too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Personally I always use Renners but also cycle out there with people who have rented from Revolution, Bike Sensations and Flistons from the PDC area. Evolution in Costa Teguise also popular. As far as I am aware all of them deliver island wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭wisjoc

Have used Revolution Bikes 3 or 4 times and would thoroughly recommend them. Really good bikes that are well looked after and the service is great.

Advertisement