Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suncroft - Eascanrath Brook - What's it like?

Options
  • 23-04-2018 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a house in Eascanrath Brook, Suncroft.

We have a 1 year old and the houses are really nice, bit out of the way but I don't mind that. The thing is I don't know anything about the area. I've been out there a few times and it's a big mix of different housing, old, new, super fancy, not so fancy at all. I don't have a good feel for the area.

What's it like? is it a bit dodge at all? is there a good community? that kind of thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

...............................I don't have a good feel for the area...............................

Neither do I, never have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

years ago (20+) it would have been a little of the rough side and heavy on social housing, but its very much a mature area and all recent developments have been private and at the better end of the market.

I'm not too far away and never heard of any issues that would cause me concern.

One way of checking is to look at how many houses have changed hands in the last few years and its vert few. Most house sales on property price register are new house sales. Another way to to look at houses int he area - are the gardens neat, do the houses looked well kept, if there much litter about. That's a sign of pride and decency of a neighbourhood in my book.

As for being a bit out of the way - its just a few minutes to Kildare Town.

When we moved to Kildare we looked at Suncroft, but the perfect house came up a few miles away, so went for that instead. But of all the small villages in the area, it would probably be the best in terms of accessibility to transport (Kildare town) and clubs / services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MarkAOReilly

Thanks so much Ceiling,

I really appreciate the insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Thanks so much Ceiling,

I really appreciate the insight.

There was a recent event in the community centre there with 21 local groups and clubs so some might be of interest. Great playground for little ones.

www.suncroftcommunity.ie

Suncroft ICA

Suncroft AFC

Suncroft Text Alert Service

Suncroft Beavers

Suncroft Cubs

Suncroft Craft Group

Suncroft Young At Heart

Suncroft Art Group

Suncroft Outreach Group

Suncroft First Responders

WhyNotDance Company