Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chest waders recommendations for beech casting?

Options
  • 23-04-2018 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi, getting back into a spot of shore angling and realised my chest waders are banjaxed. any idea where to get chest waders online or store in North East/ N Ireland adn what do you recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Hi, getting back into a spot of shore angling and realised my chest waders are banjaxed. any idea where to get chest waders online or store in North East/ N Ireland adn what do you recommend? Thanks

Hey

Cheap and cheerful for waders for salt for me!! No waders last more than a season of moderate salt fishing if, like me, your not exceptionally efficient at cleaning them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

ardinn wrote: »
    Hey

Cheap and cheerful for waders for salt for me!! No waders last more than a season of moderate salt fishing if, like me, your not exceptionally efficient at cleaning them.

Same here, the salt eats into most sea fishing waders.
    Dunlop do a tough enough wader, funny enough at night time I am probably wading past the fish lol

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Same here, the salt eats into most sea fishing waders.
    Dunlop do a tough enough wader, funny enough at night time I am probably wading past the fish lol

Ha, so would you not recommend going for the more expensive neoprene waders - just stick with the cheaper PVC? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Ha, so would you not recommend going for the more expensive neoprene waders - just stick with the cheaper PVC? Thanks

Absolutely - they will not last more than a season - Any of them! Save your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Went for a cheap pair of pvc off eBay for 19 quid so hope they fit... And last the summer. Heading to Westport direction may bank holiday and a few other camping expeditions this summer should be fun..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Why do you need waders if you are casting from up a tree?

Advertisement