Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collateral

Options
  • 22-04-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Any love for this film.
    Jamie foxx is class in it, Cruise looks slick as hell, great soundtrack and all shot at night.

Love that club scene bit as well.

Always watch it when on, even bought the dvd.

The camera used to shoot it, must be something different as in some parts it looks..different..like 3Dish, hard to explain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭the_gommes

A fantastic film, brilliant dialogue right through, especially when Foxx is driving Jada Pinkett Smith in the taxi. A departure for Cruise from his usual perma-smile protagonist & he pulls it off brilliantly.

Love the crash scene with Audioslave playing over it. The night shooting right the way through adds a layer of foreboding to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

the_gommes wrote: »
    A fantastic film, brilliant dialogue right through, especially when Foxx is driving Jada Pinkett Smith in the taxi. A departure for Cruise from his usual perma-smile protagonist & he pulls it off brilliantly.

Love the crash scene with Audioslave playing over it. The night shooting right the way through adds a layer of foreboding to it.

Think this is one of Cruises best films after The Firm as he owns that assisan role in this.

Foxx is savage and they both play of each brilliantly.

Bit after the club scene when max is about to get rescueded by ruffolo and vincent does what he does and thinks hes saving max, the look they give eacb other.

The sound is by far what makes this film, guns sounds athentic as hell and that audioslave song is brilliant and fits it perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

I think the movie was mostly filmed with digital camera which was kind of still new back in 03/04. It was better equipped to film in low light and such.

I think the movie was mostly filmed with digital camera which was kind of still new back in 03/04. It was better equipped to film in low light and such.

Its very nicely shot thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Aye. It's decent. But, it does get a little silly toward the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,145 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I enjoyed it, haven't seen it in quite a few years. Must watch it again soon.

Spolier :
    I thought the ending was poor, would love just once that Hollywood let the bad guy win

NIMAN wrote: »
    I enjoyed it, haven't seen it in quite a few years. Must watch it again soon.

Spolier :
    I thought the ending was poor, would love just once that Hollywood let the bad guy win

Agree 100%

Tony EH wrote: »
    Aye. It's decent. But, it does get a little silly toward the end.

The ending wasnt right thats for sure, can ruin peoples rating of the film. After the cab has crashed it takes a serious plummet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,145 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Agree 100%
    I think that although he was a villain, the audience kinda end up rooting for the assassin.

Or maybe it was just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Great film, my fav Tom Cruise film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

As per some of the above comments. I really enjoyed it, but the ending ruined it.
    I caught it on tv one night, first time since the cinema, I won't watch it for a third time.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think that although he was a villain, the audience kinda end up rooting for the assassin.

Or maybe it was just me?

Nope i was the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Its very nicely shot thats for sure

Indeed, I never really saw LA filmed at night like that before. It makes a change from all the sun. It's very desolate looking at night. Like many other places I suppose.

Advertisement