Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve train seat in the direction the train is facing

Options
  • 21-04-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I'm trying to book a train ticket from Dublin Heuston to Killarney but want to sit in the direction that the train travels. Does anyone know generally which carriage is at the front or what seats face the front?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

You'll likely have to change at Mallow so you could end up sitting facing forward as far as Mallow and going backwards the rest of the way to Killarney or vice versa so bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Stephen15 wrote: »
    You'll likely have to change at Mallow so you could end up sitting facing forward as far as Mallow and going backwards the rest of the way to Killarney or vice versa so bear that in mind.

Thanks for your reply. The train I'll be getting is direct so no change. I just don't want to end up sitting in reverse for the whole journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

Carriages are A to eg E. So A is nearest the top of the train so on your journey it will be the first carriage after the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Carriages are A to eg E. So A is nearest the top of the train so on your journey it will be the first carriage after the engine.
    No, carriage A is at the Dublin end of the train, so it will be at the back for this journey.

Pick a seat facing the top of the screen, and it should be in the direction of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

wench wrote: »
    No, carriage A is at the Dublin end of the train.

Pick a seat facing the top of the screen, and it should be in the direction of travel.

Yep this has always been the case for me iirc

• Advertisement
Advertisement