Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for commercial class 2 insurance

Options
  • 21-04-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I am about to renew my car insurance with Allianz from what I can see the quote they have given me is good but I just want to check there are no Insurance companies that I am missing that could give me a comparable competative quote. Of the main Insurance companies I have tried one is €400 more expensive (AXA) and I have a guy in AA telling me the quote he has gotten me (from Aviva) would work for my use but it's class 1 and I don't trust him.

I work in a Sales Position and I am travelling up to 40k per year for the job mainly to the North.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Class 1 allows for social, domestic and pleasure use with limited business mileage, generally capped at between 5 and 10k km.

If you are doing 40k relating to work you need class 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That's what I thought. My current insurer are by far the best value for class 2 so far. Is there anyone else I should be checking with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fbd will give class two, dunno how much it would cost though.

Advertisement