Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FIGHT NIGHT BARBOZA VS LEE

Options
  • 21-04-2018 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭

1z73m68.jpg

This is a cracking main event, Lee for me really needs to make a statement here to get back into title contention, barboza can lose this and keep fighting top lads as he will imo always fall short against the cream of the crop.
    You'd have to think Lee will go straight for a take down and for me I think if he doesn't get barboza outa there in two I think barboza could get it done, not sure if pts or ko though.
    He's been in so many wars that it can only help here in the latter rounds and only been finished by ferguson, cerrone (subs) and varner (ko)
    I'd be very surprised myself if this went the distance.

frankie dominated cub last time out but he was caught by cub at one stage iirc, think it was plain sailing after that iirc (need to watch that one again)
    I've had no idea why this match up was made again but read this..

So when the UFC offered him a new contract on the contingency that he rematch Edgar, Swanson was a bit surprised

I'd be surprised if Frankie lost this esp in his own back yard, 3 rounds will suit cub more and I'd expect him to go head hunting or it'll be a frustrating night for dub but frankie pts looks obvious to me.

Santos Branch shouldn't last too long...hope I'm wrong, Santos is a killer and will no doubt try to remove branch's head in the opening couple of minutes.
    Could you imagine having that lad looking over at you from the other side of the octagon :P

Johns Sterling another pickem, no idea
    There's always been so much hype around sterling which I could never understand, lost 3 of his last 5 and on the back of a nasty ko here yet although saying that he could well have been undefeated going into that last fight after two split losses (prob should have beaten caraway iirc)

Miller v Hooker
    whatever happens here miller will have had his 27th fight with the ufc which equals the record held by mir and ortiz (bisb/kosh 24)
    I hope he wins here as it'll be four straight losses otherwise, saying that I doubt they'll let him go either.

second fight of the night anderson v cummins will have a lot folks ready for bed, thankfully the likes of la flare isn't in the same division as cummins.
    I can't watch la flare, he almost makes jake shields look exciting.

I like tony martin, should kick off things with a win.

I don't think the heavyweight match up will be up to much and pray it doesn't go the distance for the likes of willis anyway.

Good looking card overall I think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Should be a good night of fights . I fancy Barboza for the KO , if Lee doesn't get it done early can see him tiring ,getting lazy when throwing himself and hanging around in the pocket too long...Lee looks lethargic at times in past fights in the standup exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

never realised how much of an outie Kevin Lee has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I was just reading there about Thiago Santos, he is tied for with Anderson Silva 8 knockouts in the UFC middleweight division. The record for overall knockouts is Vitor with 12 and Thiago is the only active fighter close enough to break that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Total domination here from Corey .Cummins looks like he doesn't want anymore of it

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Cummins is being rode like a pig.

Interesting those punches to the spine weren't called, absolutely illegal move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Cracking first round there, the Georgian is a live wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

What an end to that fight, his neck will be sore for a few days.

Refs made a balls to that, the buzzer ended that fight, not the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He was out at the bell though IMO

Dunno how u can call a tko after the bell he wasn't out at the bell was still kicking away ,Georgian was robbed he should have won that 2-1

• Advertisement

seanhynes wrote: »
    Dunno how u can call a tko after the bell he wasn't out at the bell was still kicking away ,Georgian was robbed he should have won that 2-1

I wouldn't call that kicking, more like twitching.

It was a tough call, but I'm gonna defer to the ref on this one. I think he was prob looking for some sort of response and didn't get it.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I wouldn't call that kicking, more like twitching.

I still don't think it was the correct call , the ref didn't stop the fight before the bell,the Georgian won 2-1 at least , bull**** call he was the better fighter

The ref didn't separate them until after the horn sounded. The fight had ended, he ****ed up.

seanhynes wrote: »
    I still don't think it was the correct call , the ref didn't stop the fight before the bell,the Georgian won 2-1 at least , bull**** call he was the better fighter

Better fighter overall but still got put to sleep at the end of the day.

Dodgy nj fight commisoner in the octagon too to influence the decision for the referee, the Georgian should get a submission denial bonus of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I hope Jim survives this, I do so like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Wow

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I hope Jim survives this, I do so like him.

Sigh, poor Jim. Dan is just brilliant.

One of the more bizarre call outs you're likely to see

• Advertisement

WAR JOHNS! love him to win this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ianob7 wrote: »
    One of the more bizarre call outs you're likely to see

Hilariously awkward. It was like something from the office

Welsh lad prob needs a finish

Ya, think so .. sterling just better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Sterling is on another level to this guy. Can't believe bookies has them 50/50

dulux99 wrote:
    Sterling is on another level to this guy. Can't believe bookies has them 50/50

Really ??? Don't dabble with the betting myself but that's insane

Should be 30-27's all round here . Let's see what the judges produce

Needs to sort that TDD

ianob7 wrote: »
    Should be 30-27's all round here . Let's see what the judges produce

Nice.

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: