Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combined Feed and Vent

Options
  • 21-04-2018 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

Two houses built in 1970, both have oil fired heating systems, one has the combined Feed & Vent as per top sketch, the other as per bottom. Is the bottom one safe??.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

The bottom one isn't considered safe (top one isn't ideal either), but I never knew why. It is for the most part operating similar to a low pressure EV.

for those without excel
    448797.jpg

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭John.G

Wearb wrote: »
    The bottom one isn't considered safe (top one isn't ideal either), but I never knew why. It is for the most part operating similar to a low pressure EV.

for those without excel
    448797.jpg

Both houses had these systems when first installed, I think they prevent "pitching". Both are vented systems and are not semi sealed.

Advertisement