Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mag box

Options
  • 20-04-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi all looking for a very simple box for my parents. They currently use an amazon fire stick with perfect player.
    Its not complicated but for them they hate it. Is a mag box more user friendly? If so whats a good one to go for?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

You could run stbemulator either as a permanent solution or to check which type of mag they'd like

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Reggie. wrote:
    I'll have to open this one to the masses. Can sow it alright but not too familiar to the management of it.

griffdaddy wrote:
    You could run stbemulator either as a permanent solution or to check which type of mag they'd like

Thanks.
    Tried stbemu on the fire stick but kept crashing as not enough ram. Could.i get a mag box or any other box to start up straight into the channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks.
    Tried stbemu on the fire stick but kept crashing as not enough ram. Could.i get a mag box or any other box to start up straight into the channels?

I'm using stbemulator perfectly with the firestick, it's my daily driver. Did you sideload an outdated version?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

griffdaddy wrote:
    I'm using stbemulator perfectly with the firestick, it's my daily driver. Did you sideload an outdated version?

Think i took it off the app store or amazons equivalent.

Where should i get it instead? Also can i get it to start of boot up?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Mag256 is pretty solid. Easy enough to set up and a doddle to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Think i took it off the app store or amazons equivalent.

Where should i get it instead? Also can i get it to start of boot up?

Install the Downloader app then put this url into Downloader and hit GO.

http://4kfreetv1.com/stb.apk

That will install the correct STB EMU app.
    Open it and run
    You'll be given an option to update , run the update then your all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Just wondering if anyone has replaced their regular tv sub with a mag box and used IPTV.
    How have you found it?
    Can you download/replace the stock TV display with something similar to the SKY interface?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

I’ve a mag box and these babies are solid. Finding the right service though is as important as the hardware.

Can’t get into the finer aspects of them because the mod will kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for the reply.
    AM I right in thinking they're 'just' a very good Android box?
    You cannot do any live TV with them like what you can do with the Tiviar Alphaplus / Sky box?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement