Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Broadband

Options
  • 20-04-2018 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anyone here have Three Unlimited broadband? I'm thinking of switching from Sky and was wondering if anyone could let me know what the service is like how fast the broadband is compared to Sky etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You arent swapping broadband to broadband, you're swapping broadband to midband.

Sky 1PM: 10Mb
    Sky 8PM: 10Mb
    Sky 2AM: 10Mb

3 1PM: 2Mb
    3 8PM: 0.5Mb
    3 2AM: 120Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

ED E wrote: »
    You arent swapping broadband to broadband, you're swapping broadband to midband.

Sky 1PM: 10Mb
    Sky 8PM: 10Mb
    Sky 2AM: 10Mb

3 1PM: 2Mb
    3 8PM: 0.5Mb
    3 2AM: 120Mb

Not very accurate, 3 8pm can go as high as 3Mb

Does anyone here have Three Unlimited broadband? I'm thinking of switching from Sky and was wondering if anyone could let me know what the service is like how fast the broadband is compared to Sky etc?

What is your speed with Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Got Three here. 20Mbps consistently throughout the day with peaks to 35/40. Never ever drops below 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I have it too....rural co louth. Usually between 5mb and 10mb....upload much better 20mb+

It used to have faster download around the 20mb mark but this was unstable and dropped regularly. they worked on the mast recently and although the speed has dropped its a lot more stable and the speed is enough for what i need.....

For the price and due to unlimited i think its a bargain. If you have a 3 phone or can borrow one and download speed test app, youll get an idea of what speed would be like. I know when im in dundalk the speeds are 35mb+

• Advertisement

368100 wrote: »
    For the price and due to unlimited i think its a bargain.
    That is the problem, Three is giving away big data at low price, they aim for blanket marketing and pushing opponents out of competition, Even people who have other solutions joined them, I live in Rural Galway, my options are very limited and I suffer from high contention in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Mahony0509 wrote:
    Got Three here. 20Mbps consistently throughout the day with peaks to 35/40. Never ever drops below 17.

Where are you getting these speeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Where are you getting these speeds?

I'm in Cork, just outside the city.

Tonabrocky mast seems to be down this afternoon, I had to direct the antenna to another mast to get Internet, From the map I think it is near Rosscahill

Tonabrocky mast is back

• Advertisement

7293614071.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭KildareP

Mahony0509 wrote: »

Whatever you do don't tell your neighbours!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

It's brutal. I was the first around my area to get 4G when it arrived. I had constant 30mb down and up but little by little as more joined it got slower and slower. I think we were paying €40/month on 12 month contract and had to buy the modem for €100. Then came Christmas. Everyone and their mother got new 4G phones and I haven't seen over 3mb down during the day/evening ever since. That's why Three can sell an unlimited package for a reasonable price, the actual chances of you hitting a high ceiling is unlikely compared with real broadband.

Just a passenger

Advertisement