Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridgeway Paint any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’ve never used it, but I asked a painter recently about fleetwood paint, because we were doing a good bit of painting, he told me to spend the extra on dulux, that fleetwood wasn’t great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Ridgeway is fleetwood's economy brand. I tried the covermatt emulsion for ceilings. Gave the paint away after doing 2 coats. ( Btw, I'd happily recommend Crown "Obliterating White" Matt for ceilings. 2 coats gets you out the door every time. )

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

I’m a professional painter myself and I wouldn’t use any fleetwood products on my own house even if I got them for free. Dulux all the way. Colortrend is also a very good quality paint but a lot more expensive than dulux. For ceilings dulux supermatt is a good quality product with high opacity to try and get them covered in one coat.

I’m a professional painter myself and I wouldn’t use any fleetwood products on my own house even if I got them for free. Dulux all the way. Colortrend is also a very good quality paint but a lot more expensive than dulux. For ceilings dulux supermatt is a good quality product with high opacity to try and get them covered in one coat.

I ended up buying colourtrend for the hall (I was drawn to the ceramic Matt, because it’s scrubbable, and my kids leave it filthy on a daily basis). The painter couldn’t get over how far it went, so I feel it’s not as expensive as it seems, because we used much less of it!

jlm29 wrote: »
    I ended up buying colourtrend for the hall (I was drawn to the ceramic Matt, because it’s scrubbable, and my kids leave it filthy on a daily basis). The painter couldn’t get over how far it went, so I feel it’s not as expensive as it seems, because we used much less of it!

Ya in fairness it’s a beautiful product to use plus as you said it goes further than expected. Used fleetwoods white Matt in the past and it’s terrible to work with. One customer got me to paint a dark green colour under dado rail in hallway using fleetwood and after 4 coats it was still see through. Asked for dulux after that and it covered in one coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Thanks so much for all the replies. It looks like you've all saved me a lot of time and effort! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Same here. I used to use Dulux all the time but in last 18 months, Ive switched over to Crown. The trade paints ( McPherson) are every bit as good as Dulux but cheaper ( slightly). Fleetwood emulsions, I stay well clear of, but their primers are excellent. I've ended up opening an account in the local Fleetwood shop and all I buy there is primers.

Sorry to piggyback on the thread, but Can you professionals tell me what the best (if any) product is to get satinwood spatters off my nice new floors? The “professional” painter I hired wasn’t as tidy as he should have been. Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭corks finest

Colortrend is tops, bit dear ,but we'll worth it

Sorry to piggyback on the thread, but Can you professionals tell me what the best (if any) product is to get satinwood spatters off my nice new floors? The “professional” painter I hired wasn’t as tidy as he should have been. Gah!

What type of flooring is it?

• Advertisement

Btw if anyone has any questions about painting and decorating then fire away and I’ll give as much advice as I can.

What type of flooring is it?

It’s laminate. Dark wood. I have a few spare pieces, so if I get something, I can test it on those before I go F the floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Has anyone ever used Berger paint, it's on a bit of an offer at the local hardware store

Advertisement