Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SIM to use in Spain for 2 weeks

Options
  • 20-04-2018 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi

I am going on holidays to Spain for 2 weeks and I want to have data to check weather...etc.

I don't want to use the SIM I use in Ireland at all while I am away.

Should I look into getting a SIM over in Spain or should I get an Irish SIM and top-up here and use data roaming while on holidays.

If anyone has any thought on the best option that would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone PAYG SIM
    Use all of your data in EU as you would at home.

5GB data add on for 15 euro 30 days
    Or
    1GB data for 5 euro 28 days
    Or
    Opt in to Smart extra plan which includes 6GB for 20 euro 28 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

murtyd17 wrote: »
    Hi

I am going on holidays to Spain for 2 weeks and I want to have data to check weather...etc.

I don't want to use the SIM I use in Ireland at all while I am away.

Should I look into getting a SIM over in Spain or should I get an Irish SIM and top-up here and use data roaming while on holidays.

If anyone has any thought on the best option that would be appreciated

Why don’t you want to use the sim you use here? You should be able to use all or atleast a % of your allowance in Spain at no extra cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭murtyd17

Zhane wrote: »
    Why don’t you want to use the sim you use here? You should be able to use all or atleast a % of your allowance in Spain at no extra cost?

It's a work sim so don't want to use it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

murtyd17 wrote: »
    .........I don't want to use the SIM I use in Ireland at all while I am away.

Should I look into getting a SIM over in Spain or should I get an Irish SIM and top-up here and use data roaming while on holidays........

Is your handset SIM locked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭murtyd17

0lddog wrote: »
    Is your handset SIM locked ?

No it's an unlocked xiaomi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Then you can just go into any store and ask for a PAYG SIM. With 3 you get 6Gb roaming when you top up by €20. Not sure what the other companies offer but 6Gb will be plenty for checking weather and emails, if you want video you need a better package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

You could bring your phone with no sim and still connect to WiFi and browse away. WiFi is everywhere in holiday resorts.the only place you wouldn't have it is on the beach Not ideal but free

Advertisement