Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastroenterologist in Limerick

Options
  • 20-04-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a good gastroenterologist in Limerick? There are a few in Barringtons and the Regional. I don't know which one to choose. My GP will go along with my choice. I'd love to hear from anyone who has a personal recommendation. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭black & white

Have had experience of 2 in my immediate family in the last year and would be happy to recommend both. Prof Calvin Coffey on Barringtons and Prof Liam Joyce in Galway Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Thanks so much Black & White - I will definitely check out Prof. Coffey in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

I would recommend Dr Jane English in Barringtons hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

They are all good I would say, though some have more experience than others. Where others have more experience, you will always be referred on, or that person will be consulted.

You have to be careful op to listen to what is being said to you, and not be going around in the hope you will get to a consultant who will tell you what you want to hear. If you have been to a few gastroenterologists already, that's enough. You don't want to be going down the path of being told it's psychosomatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

I found Dr Maeve Skelly to be very good when she looked after me. She works from the Regional.

She is very qualified: as well as a medical degree, she has a PhD. They don't come much more qualified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Thank you Lockman, MyShirt and Stanford. I saw Jane English and Maeve Skelly on Barrington's website but didn't know anyone who'd been to them. That is good to have a recommendation.

Myshirt, I understand what you are saying, thanks! No, I haven't been to anyone in years but I found one or two to be quite abrupt in my own case and also while attending with someone else (for their medical problem). I think it pays to do some research beforehand and get a personal recommendation, if possible.
    Will make an appointment in the next couple of weeks with one of them anyway.

Advertisement