Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half a sleeve...work placr

Options
  • 20-04-2018 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi there, Im in the public sector for year's,thinking of getting a half a sleeve from the shoulder to elbow....

I wear a short sleeve in the summer, is there anything my employers could do about it?

It's non offensive, quite tasty looking...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If they've got a stick up their ass, they may ask that you ensure it's covered, but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Star Lord wrote: »
    If they've got a stick up their ass, they may ask that you ensure it's covered, but that's about it.

Checked my contract after a lot of digging lol
    Noting in it about tattoos....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

It would be covered under something like "Professional, presentable manner/image at all times" kinda of wording. They could as "Would you not prefer a long sleeve shirt?" kinda of remark etc but they can not out right say it. I worked in a bank, had that for a small tattoo but then things got worse as I added.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 annaboniface55

My work colleague is in the middle of getting a sleeve, he was told by our boss just to make sure he doesn't get it on his face or neck. So I suppose it depends on management and if you represent the company in meetings etc.

Advertisement