Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Pub Question

Options
  • 19-04-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

In all my years walking around Limerick there was two pubs I frequently walked passed by and I was wondering could anyone shed any light as to what they were / are like? They are Slatterys and Noonan's both located on Lord Edward St.

Just curious to be honest as must have passed them a thousand times back in the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭pigtown

I don't have an answer for you but I've always been curious about Pigtown Hall on Catherine St. Was it a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Slatterys is a really nice tiny pub. Few seats at the counter bout 5 old formica tables down the room toilets at the end. Used to drink in there quite regularly. Was sold a few years ago when Mrs Slattery passed away. Was bought and the major work done to the place was to get in Sky Sports 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

What would the customers be like if you don't mind me asking? Outside of you r good self whose character is without reproach I'm sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

What would the customers be like if you don't mind me asking? Outside of you r good self whose character is without reproach I'm sure.

Generally people who grew up in the area and are in their 60s and 70s. Noonans is the same but hasn't been refurbished in at least 30 years. Only has Guinness and Heineken on tap. Great pint of Guinness though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Crowd is fine regulars but mainly from the joseph street Wolfetone side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

A few lads from Bourke Avenue also frequent Slatterys.

It was taken over by Des O'Brien who owned The Haven bar on Davis Street.

Very nice pub for a few quiet pints. No riff raff whatsoever.

Mostly frequented by locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yeah Slatterys is bang on. Wound up there a few times on a "grand tour" and wound up staying!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never been to either but fancied trying Noonans and maybe some day I will. Another mention for a pub that is often un-mentioned is Rashers on Upper Gerald Griffin st, great pint of Guinness and really well-kept bar.

Advertisement