Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockerra Lake near killimer

Options
  • 19-04-2018 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if fishing is available on Knockerra Lake and if so is it managed by a club or anything. I hate rocking up wondering if im breaking some rules or fishing out of turn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Maybe call to Powers shop across from the church there and ask them. I heard of people fishing there before anyway. But I'd say its on private land. There is a second smaller lake nearby also.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Cheers,

Called into kilrush at the weekend and got a permit from o'sullivans. I spotted the smaller lake on Saturday. Looks hard to get to. Would you know of any course fishing lakes in the West Clare area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

People fish in Doo Lough lake. East of Mullagh village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Knockerra used be stocked with rainbows years ago, I’ve no idea now sorry. Doo lough used be full of small trout, I’d imagine it’s still the same. To the best of my knowledge there’s no coarse fishing in West Clare west of ballynacally unless fish have been introduced in recent years. Sorry my info is all out of date, I’ve lived abroad for 15 yrs now. The angling forum should be a better place for answers.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Advertisement