Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Insurance claim and NCB

Options
  • 18-04-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Does putting in a claim on a classic policy affect your daily driver policy and NCB when renewing.

Theres about €1000 worth of damage from what i estimate to the rear arch while it was parked in dublin airport carpark. I drove straight home and didnt notice it til the next morning. What would be the chances of claiming from the DAA carparks for the damage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

For €1000 I wouldn't bother. You'll be screwed fourfold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

FDave wrote: »
    Does putting in a claim on a classic policy affect your daily driver policy and NCB when renewing.

Theres about €1000 worth of damage from what i estimate to the rear arch while it was parked in dublin airport carpark. I drove straight home and didnt notice it til the next morning. What would be the chances of claiming from the DAA carparks for the damage.

The carpark would not have any liability unless the damage was caused by their action or negligence. You would need to find the vehicle that caused the damage and pursue through their insurance.

Check with the carpark if anybody reported hitting your car (unlikely I know).

You might be able to follow it up if reported to the Gardaí as an accident with the culprit having left the scene without reporting it or leaving any details. They might then be able to follow up with the carpark and help identify the culprit if your car was in an area covered by CCTV.

Any paint marks left on your vehicle might help narrow down the by identifying the colour of the other car, height of the bumper, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

Thanks for the replies. I have already reported it to the garda. Unfortunately the carpark isnt well covered by cctv. Il contact them tomorrow to see if they have any information. No paint transfer, my paint is thin so took the brunt of it.
    So is a claim on a classic policy is logged the same as a normal policy? Would i loose my NCB on my main policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Thanks for the replies. I have already reported it to the garda. Unfortunately the carpark isnt well covered by cctv. Il contact them tomorrow to see if they have any information. No paint transfer, my paint is thin so took the brunt of it.
    So is a claim on a classic policy is logged the same as a normal policy? Would i loose my NCB on my main policy

Carpark will have CV footage.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Would i loose my NCB on my main policy

I'd be interested to know that too. Classic policies won't mirror your NCB, so seems unfair that it could effect your NCB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

antodeco wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know that too. Classic policies won't mirror your NCB, so seems unfair that it could effect your NCB

It might not effect your NCB, but they still question if you have had any claim, regardless of fault etc. Its hard to believe they wouldn't take it into account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Friend of mine crashed his series 3 Jag a few years back, not too much damage, say maybe a €1000 for a rear bumper and bit of work on the other car and a new bonnet and grill for the jag.

He claimed from the insurers (AXA) and it didn't effect his NCB with his normal car (also AXA).

However you do have to mention that you have made a claim in the past year, whether they care that its on another policy or not? Who knows. You can always call and ask them, you were not involved in any accident , so nothing to be lost by enquiring about making a 'non blame' claim as its called.

Some insurers will allow you have a non blame claim, with out it effecting NCB or claims record

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

Thanks for the replies. Dont think its worth claiming and playing roulette with the insurance companies on renewal. With my daily being 20 years old its tough enough get a deecent quote.

Advertisement