Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving contacts from Windows phone to Android phone with new sim?

Options
  • 18-04-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I've upgraded to a new Android phone that comes with a new micro SIM.

My old Windows Lumia phone uses the larger SIM format, so whats best way to transfer data across?

I'm guessing Bluetooth would suffice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Email them to yourself....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

If the Windows phone (never owned one) can sync with Google contacts, do that. You will have all your contacts up in Google services and immediately available on any android device you will ever own.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭St1mpMeister

Cordell wrote: »
    If the Windows phone (never owned one) can sync with Google contacts, do that. You will have all your contacts up in Google services and immediately available on any android device you will ever own.

Doesn't seem to have that unfortunately. Pretty crappy apps tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭St1mpMeister

Googled a bit and suggestion is to try via Outlook. Problem being I need to setup an outlook account... oh well will give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/86105/switching-contacts-from-windows-phone-to-android

LE: if you ever used things like Hotmail and Skype you probably already have a Live account (that includes Outlook)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If there's an option in Windows phone to export contacts to a VCF file, you can import that VCF file into Android contacts.

Advertisement