Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruno Sammartino RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad news. He had a remarkable life, going through the hardship of the Second World War as a boy and then going to America later and becoming a hero for the immigrant communities.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ahh no.

Doesn't seem right that anything even death could take down Bruno but from any story I've ever heard/read about him he is probably one of the most deserving of the Legend moniker

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah dammit no. Hopefully they do something to honour him that will last.

Also, kudos to Triple H for mending fences with Bruno and WWE and getting him inducted into the HOF in madison square garden which was full circle stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that with Bruno Sammartino the WWWF territory wouldn't have done as well as it did and by extension company going forward to what we know as WWE today. The man was and is a living legend. There will only ever be one Bruno Sammartino and WWE fans should be very thankful to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

There's a Bruno section under "Collections" if anyone is wondering what he was like in-ring. Earliest memory of him was an article in WWF Raw magazine about 20 years about a dream match between he and Bret Hart.

Longest WWWF/WWF/WWE championship reign at over 7years

I thought I said this but the new documentary on the network is EXCELLENT. There is so much amazing footage, including the first time I've ever heard Vince Sr talk about Bruno(or talk full stop), and the only thing I didn't like was the fact it wasn't two hours longs. I mean some of the footage is from at least the 1950's and early 1960's.

Advertisement