Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation - dry lining

Options
  • 18-04-2018 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks

Looking for a bit of advice on insulating a house built in the 1980s with 9" cavity blocks. The walls were previously drylined (without any insulation) and so I'm looking into either fixing insulated slabs onto the existing drylined walls or possibly removing the existing drylining and fixing insulated slabs onto the solid wall.

Alternatively, can anyone tell me if it is possible to pump bonded bead insulation into the gap between my existing drylining and cavity block wall? Or would this run the risk of mould growth?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I live in a 3 bed semi built around the same time and had this exact scenario. Decided to remove dry lining and use insulated plaster slabs on the block walls.

Advertisement