Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School to close this June without phasing out!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sounds like a lot more to this story.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

City of Dublin ETB supply the teaching staff. Perhaps they will take it over if they have a suitable building they can lease.

We lost 30% of our students in a sudden closure back in 1990. I can imagine the fallout among traveller kids would be even higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Came across this today and was a bit surprised that they weren't allowed to phase out the students (leaving aside the background of the students).
    I couldn't really figure out what the issue was with the patron but it appears the dept. took the decision.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/it-is-such-a-shame-parents-and-teachers-shocked-as-irelands-only-segregated-traveller-school-to-close-36815830.html

When a school closes it usually phases out no?

They did say they wanted them to close immediately but let them see the school year out. I wonder what their inspection report is like?

Advertisement