Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie here Smok V8 Baby kit

Options
  • 17-04-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hello there,

I'm trying to quit smoking so not knowing what to buy I got a Smok v8 baby kit with a few frutty juices and to be honest are not my cup of tea. I aswell got a tobbaco juice from Blacknote but is 50/50 and don't get much flavour with the tank that it comes so I got a Melo Nano 3 tank with ECML coils 0.75 8-25W and a spare coil 0.3 30-80W screw it on top of Smok mod. My question is it safe to screw it on top of the mod being unregulated? I'm a total newbie in this matter....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Ionutt wrote: »
    Hello there,

I'm trying to quit smoking so not knowing what to buy I got a Smok v8 baby kit with a few frutty juices and to be honest are not my cup of tea. I aswell got a tobbaco juice from Blacknote but is 50/50 and don't get much flavour with the tank that it comes so I got a Melo Nano 3 tank with ECML coils 0.75 8-25W and a spare coil 0.3 30-80W screw it on top of Smok mod. My question is it safe to screw it on top of the mod being unregulated? I'm a total newbie in this matter....

It's safe with the 0.3ohm coil,the 0.75ohm coil may fry,with a mech (unregulated) mod,it is pumping out 4.2v,this is ok for sub-ohm low resistance coils like 0.5 & lower.

I know the 0.75ohm coil you have is a sub-ohm coil but it is at the higher end of the resistance,it may still work with a mech,no harm trying it....

Hope this helps a bit...

That V8 baby beast you have is for Direct to Lung (DTL) vaping,not for new vapors,you really need a Mouth to Lung (MTL) tank which can take a higher Nicotine level & that will stop any cravings you have for a smoke...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

According to Ohms' Law, the 0.75 ohm coil on a fully charged unregulated battery will give you 23W about; the coil is rated for 25W, so that is perfect. The 0.3 ohm coil will only allow 58W, so could be underpowered (according to their 80W rating) but would still be perfectly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ionutt

I did a bit of research and looks like an Eleaf Pico 75w with a Nautilius X mouth to lung would be a good choice for the 50/50 ejuices. I bought the Smok Stick v8 baby not knowing that is more for clouds than actually taste.

I will give it a try today and see how Smok performs with the new tank and coils and if it doesn't do the job will go for an Eleaf pico.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Can't go wrong with a Pico. Although you'll need an 18650 battery and preferably a spare one too.

If I only knew the first time. Like I said bought a few eliquids from Blacknote and Forte and Prelude are my favorite but you really have to inhale to get that good flavour out from the V8 baby.

I screwed the Melo 3 Nano tank on it with the 0.75 ohm coil that came with it and wasn't impressed at all with the taste of Blacknote, was much better flavour with v8 tank.

Hopefully for this kind of juice a Pico with a Nautilius x tank will do the job...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Blacknote NET juices really need a MTL tank to appreciate them. Nautilus should be a nicer vape with it.

From what I was reading aswell MTL is best for this juice...

Thanks for the help once again.

Advertisement