Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile data roaming in Spain

Options
  • 17-04-2018 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Has anybody used their Tesco Mobile sim only phone in Spain for data roaming. Twice in the last year or so I've been in France and data roaming did not work. I've had loads of suggestions from their tech people, often contradictory, and even today what I was told by an operator contradicted what is on their website (which caused him some confusion!). Eventually all they seem to be able to suggest is to try everything. So just wondering what others might have done to get data roaming working in Spain. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

Just to add that here is what they have said:
    For Roaming within the following countries Ireland/NI, UK,  Spain, France, Portugal and Italy please use these settings
      [*]Sim applications
      [*]When abroad
      [*]Network selection
      [*]Manual
      [*]NATIONAL - TESCO IMSI

But their webite says to connect to 
        [*]INTERNATIONAL - BELGACOM IMSI

And also one person says to delete APNs and then add a new one and another person says no that doesn't matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

I just received another email from this great company, this time with a new set of networks to connect to manually. This time they write:
        Please manually search for the network from your handset and you will see a list of providers and select the one of the below networks:
          [*]AIRTEL-VODAFONE
          [*]TELEFONICA MOVILES ESPANA SA 
          [*]FRANCE TELECOM ESPANA AS (AMENA (RETEVISION MOVILE SA))

Do they actually know how to run a phone company?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

joeirish wrote: »

No, if you want roaming to work join a real network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

joeirish wrote: »
          I just received another email from this great company, this time with a new set of networks to connect to manually. This time they write:
          Please manually search for the network from your handset and you will see a list of providers and select the one of the below networks:
            [*]AIRTEL-VODAFONE
            [*]TELEFONICA MOVILES ESPANA SA 
            [*]FRANCE TELECOM ESPANA AS (AMENA (RETEVISION MOVILE SA))

As was said ealier join a decent proper network not one that does mobile on the side. Tesco Mobile the worst network in europe.

Advertisement