Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merchant's Quay to Ashtown by Bus

Options
  • 17-04-2018 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I'm considering taking a job close to Christchurch and commuting there by bus from the Ashtown roundabout. Does anyone know if I would have any chance of getting on a 39 / 39A / 70 at around 1730 from Merchant's Quay or would they typically be full and drive past? Also how long would it take to get to Ashtown in the rush hour traffic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Would you not be better off getting the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Id say you should be okay. You'll have no problems getting on the bus inbound in the evening.

Traffic can be hit and miss at times but other options would be train to Tara street and then walk or train to Broombridge then luas to Trinity

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Thanks for the replies. Train from Tara Street may be the quickest route. I'll give the bus a try first and fall back to the train if all else fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its 17-20 mins cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

thomasj wrote: »
    Id say you should be okay. You'll have no problems getting on the bus inbound in the evening.

Traffic can be hit and miss at times but other options would be train to Tara street and then walk or train to Broombridge then luas to Trinity

They're looking at outbound in the evening?

OP you probably will be able to get on ok but a seat is unlikely until at least the Navan Road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

thomasj wrote: »

Is that meant to be one way, or two way I don't get it.

How long would all that take!

Advertisement