Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help...Fritzbox 7390 on Vodafone

Options
  • 17-04-2018 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone, I have a fritz box 7390 for almost a year now but I was using it as a second router as I didnt know how to setup the router on Eir and didnt have time but now Im with Vodafone and have the time to play around to set it as my main router, but as i see its not that easy as plug and play. Now I dont know what setting do I have to change to make it work on Vodafone would someone be able to somewhat help me out?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

What type of line do you have ? ADSL, VDSL/FTTC or SIRO ?

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mr_alli

Marlow wrote: »
    What type of line do you have ? ADSL, VDSL/FTTC or SIRO ?

/M

Umm Call me a noob but I know I have fiber but by dsl not wan so I guess vdsl?

mr_alli wrote: »
    Umm Call me a noob but I know I have fiber but by dsl not wan so I guess vdsl?

It's quite important, because the configuration differs.

What speed do you have ? That would be a good indicator.

/M

It's quite important, because the configuration differs.

What speed do you have ? That would be a good indicator.

/M

well i just logged into my vodafone router and it says the vdsl i conncected
    (https://)imgur com/a/vIg895e

Speedtest:
    (http://)www speedtest net/result/7262684854

Ok,

all you need then is:

PPPoE username: [vodafone modem serial number]@vfiefttc.ie (the serial without the square brackets of course)
    Password: broadband

and connect on Vlan 10.

Your Fritz!Box should be getting online directly then.

/M

• Advertisement

Ok,

all you need then is:

PPPoE username: [vodafone modem serial number]@vfiefttc.ie (the serial without the square brackets of course)
    Password: broadband

and connect on Vlan 10.

Your Fritz!Box should be getting online directly then.

/M

copied the login from the vodafone router gateway, password: broadband, vlan set to 10 and fritz says the dsl connection my be faulty, tried different dsl cable and the same thing and the best part is that the vodafone router has no problem with the dsl connection

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

well i just logged into my vodafone router and it says the vdsl i conncected
    (https://)imgur com/a/vIg895e

Speedtest:
    (http://)www speedtest net/result/7262684854

3wNdhnZ.png
    copied the login from the vodafone router gateway, password: broadband, vlan set to 10 and fritz says the dsl connection my be faulty, tried different dsl cable and the same thing and the best part is that the vodafone router has no problem with the dsl connection

The VDSL link should sync with basically zero configuration. If thats not working somethings up. You aren't trying to use both units at once right?

ED E wrote: »

The VDSL link should sync with basically zero configuration. If thats not working somethings up. You aren't trying to use both units at once right?

Nope I plugged the dsl from the wall directly to the fritz and turn the power off on the Vodafone router so that my computer won’t try to connect to it if the fritz would need to restart

Nope I plugged the dsl from the wall directly to the fritz and turn the power off on the Vodafone router so that my computer won’t try to connect to it if the fritz would need to restart

What sort of stats are you getting, when you go the DSL Information page in the Fritz!Box interface ?

/M

What sort of stats are you getting, when you go the DSL Information page in the Fritz!Box interface ?

/M

Its showing that there is no connection on dsl line

• Advertisement

Its showing that there is no connection on dsl line

Sounds like there's a problem with the VDSL Modem in your Fritz!Box 7390.

/M

Sounds like there's a problem with the VDSL Modem in your Fritz!Box 7390.

/M

Well, the 7390 I have seems to be a Fritz partnered with 1&1 and I don't know if its normal but it has some weird 4 pin ports on the side, has the home server written on it and stuff and its all black. Anyway I bought another one this time it's red and grey so once it arrives I'll try to set it up and update on how it goes

Well, the 7390 I have is from 1&1 and I don't know if its normal but it has some weird 4 pin ports on the side, has the home server written on it and stuff and its all black. Anyway I bought another one this time it's red and grey so once it arrives I'll try to set it up and update on how it goes

Ahhh !!!!

Your problem is, that it's a german version.

Germany delivers ADSL/VDSL on ISDN based circuits (Annex-B)
    Ireland delivers ADSL/VDSL on analog based circuits (Annex-A)

Even with VDSL, the firmware of your Fritz!Box will only work in Germany and on ISDN based circuits in Denmark and other countries.

It will never work in Ireland. You need an international version to get it to work.

/M

Ahhh !!!!

Your problem is, that it's a German version.

Germany delivers ADSL/VDSL on ISDN based circuits (Annex-B)
    Ireland delivers ADSL/VDSL on analog-based circuits (Annex-A)

Even with VDSL, the firmware of your Fritz!Box will only work in Germany and on ISDN based circuits in Denmark and other countries.

It will never work in Ireland. You need an international version to get it to work.

/M

Hmm... but the thing is that in my internet settings I can select wither I want to use Annex-A or Annex-B and before I hit apply the fritz warns me that this could result in the internet connection to fail

Hmm... but the thing is that in my internet settings I can select wither I want to use Annex-A or Annex-B and before I hit apply the fritz warns me that this could result in the internet connection to fail

The firmware may have the option in other languages than german, but if it's a german market Fritz!Box, it doesn't have Annex-A in the firmware.

It needs to say "Edition International" or "Edition UK" on the top right corner to have the full featured firmware.

The very first Fritz!Box models could be reflashed, but that's not possible anymore.

/M

The firmware may have the option in other languages than german, but if it's a german market Fritz!Box, it doesn't have Annex-A in the firmware.

It needs to say "Edition International" or "Edition UK" on the top right corner to have the full featured firmware.

The very first Fritz!Box models could be reflashed, but that's not possible anymore.

/M

Anyway the new fritz is on its way so ill update on how it goes once it arives

Anyway the new fritz is on its way so ill update on how it goes once it arives

What are you getting ? 7590 ? 7582 ? Those are the 2 only at the moment, that support supervectoring, which has been introduced this week.

/M

What are you getting? 7590? 7582? Those are the 2 only at the moment, that support supervectoring, which has been introduced this week.

/M

Uhh I bought another 7390 but the international model... please don't tell me it won't work :confused:

Uhh I bought another 7390 but the international model... please don't tell me it won't work :confused:

I can test that tonight. I still have a 7390 knocking about somewhere.

/M

Double-checked that.

7390 is definatly VDSL2 with vectoring 17a capable, but the german one is locked down to ISDN-type ADSL.

Now, I've seen stories, that it may not be quite as stable on vectoring as it's successors (7490 and 7590), so I had a go at all 3 of them. Also have a 7582 here, so throwing the figures from that into the mix.

My line is on the 100M/20M max profile.

7390 syncs at 94024 kbit/s / 20456 kbit/s (capable up to 17a, DSL version 1.68.26.47)
    7490 syncs at 102.39 Mbit/s / 20478 kbit/s (capable up to 17a, DSL version 1.100.135.14)
    7582 syncs at 102396 kbit/s / 20478 kbit/s (capable up to 30a)
    7590 syncs at 102.39 Mbit/s / 20.47 Mbit/s (capable up to 35b, DSL version 1.180.129.21)

So you might loose a little bit on the top end, but it should be more stable than the Huawei router.

/M

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in the ds snrm on those three.

I'd be interested in the ds snrm on those three.

7390, 7490, 7590 ? I'll try grab that of them tomorrow. Packed away for tonight.

Most of the Fritz!Box routers are Qualcomm chipset based. But the 7582 is actually Broadcom.

/M

As promised. The stats are all from the same VDSL line, so it's a good comparison.

40987877435_9bda80103f_c.jpg
    41886880871_cfa36be335_c.jpg
    40987877215_df297bfbea_c.jpg

7590 is on a Beta/early test firmware.

/M

Thanks M.
    7390 syncs at 94024 kbit/s / 20456 kbit/s (capable up to 17a, DSL version 1.68.26.47)
    7490 syncs at 102.39 Mbit/s / 20478 kbit/s (capable up to 17a, DSL version 1.100.135.14)
    7582 syncs at 102396 kbit/s / 20478 kbit/s (capable up to 30a)
    7590 syncs at 102.39 Mbit/s / 20.47 Mbit/s (capable up to 35b, DSL version 1.180.129.21)

So you might loose a little bit on the top end, but it should be more stable than the Huawei router.

Just to clarify the above suggests its an 8% loss (94/102) but if you weren't rate limited like say an 80Mb line wouldn't be the the benefit is closer to 15%. This will vary from one noise env to another but the later units are significantly better.

but the later units are significantly better.

The 7390 also had issues with line drops in some environments, where those would completely disappear, once you moved to a 7490.

The x3xx series was the first series to support VDSL. The predecessor (7270) only support ADSL2 etc.

Obviously 7390s now have become very cheap, as they're 2 generations old.

/M

The 7390 also had issues with line drops in some environments, where those would completely disappear, once you moved to a 7490.

The x3xx series was the first series to support VDSL. The predecessor (7270) only support ADSL2 etc.

Obviously, 7390s now have become very cheap, as they're 2 generations old.

/M

Okay so after a long while I have time to set up the Fritz... now I used all the setting you guys told me to set. USED the proper login and password, connected it and... nothing. BUT! I'm starting to think if it's the fritz problem or Vodafone's and here's why I think so. I have a Synology server connected by LAN to a tp-link switch beside the tv from the switch goes a long cat 5 LAN to the Vodafone router, now... I had an awful issue with setting up port forwarding, I did research online and set all the possible ports the Synology server might need but for some reason the Vodafone router wouldn't let me connect to the server outside the wifi but after a few days BOOM I tried again and it worked without me having to do anything since the day I attempted to set the ports up... now this is the second time this had happened to me with Vodafone and on Eir i had no problem. On the day I was setting up the port forwards I tried to disconnect the Vodafone router from power for an hour, restart and nothing I even thought the switch was the problem but after a few days, it solved itself. So maybe the problem is Vodafone, Maybe they have to confirm or approve some setting themselves?

Advertisement