Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student Midwifery, what course?

Options
  • 17-04-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all,

Looking for some advice. I intend to apply for midwifery as a mature student next year.

I'm wondering what I can be doing over the next few months in preparation?
    I've see the advice to do the preparation course.

I did my leaving cert over 10 years ago, so quite out of practice study wise.
    Would it be worth doing a course in leaving cert maths or biology? To brush up on some skills.
    I've read that the maths in the assessment can me quite tricky.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I applied without doing a prep course or any other course and got my first choice at Trinity for Midwifery. Likewise it was 10 years since I did my Leaving Cert(which I did badly in by the way!)
    I left after the 1st year because of finances. I think that and family commitments are the biggest difficulty for mature students so make sure they are manageable for 4 years when you return to student life. Best of luck!

Advertisement