Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newmarket Craven Meeting

Options
  • 17-04-2018 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

What are people’s fancies for today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

5.20 Juanito Chico @ 15/2
    A horse i followed closely all of last year, nearly always placed, I think he will be best fresh and with spencer booked for this hold up horse a big run must be expected.
    Worth noting he only went down narrowly to this years Lincoln winner addeyyeb at ascot last season off similar weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

I fancy Prevent in the first. Stable going well at the minute, was very green on début. Ryan Moore takes the ride. Only bet in Newmarket today as Heading to Fairy house later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Will have a small nibble at Ballistic in the 3.00, trainer has had 80 2 year old debutants in the last 5 years with a 10% strike rate, the only 2 y/o he sent to Newmarket, which is his local track,in that time won at 16/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Ballyquin in the first i had down as a serious eye catcher in a Newbury maiden at the back end of last year. Was relatively unfancied and was pretty green. Today might not be the day but he struck me as a horse that could progress a bit from 2->3.
    I dont usually get to involved (betting wise) in the flat until the end of April. But i have had a very small nibble on this lad @ 24 and 25 on betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Pesci at 18.5 in the 15:00

• Advertisement

kiers47 wrote: »
    Ballyquin in the first i had down as a serious eye catcher in a Newbury maiden at the back end of last year. Was relatively unfancied and was pretty green. Today might not be the day but he struck me as a horse that could progress a bit from 2->3.
    I dont usually get to involved (betting wise) in the flat until the end of April. But i have had a very small nibble on this lad @ 24 and 25 on betfair.

Was well punted and is sure to come on from this. Went off 14.0 and 10/1 sp. He even hit as low as 3.4 in the run. It looked an okish maiden to my eyes and the winner did it very nicely and is an absolute looker out of Exceed and Excel. Would be shocked if he wasn't able to jump at least to listed class on his next run. I think with a reasonable opportunity next time Ballyquin will almost certainly go close. The third Ibraz was also one of note who will win a maiden before long, was hampered close home but wouldnt have troubled the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

diomed wrote: »
    Pesci at 18.5 in the 15:00
    7th of 8 was not ideal, but what interested me was Ynys Mon finished second.
    He is the first runner by new sire Olympic Glory to run in Britain and Ireland, and Ynys Mons had a 4th and 2nd in his first two runs.

The mare I bought in December had a filly foal in February.
    The sire of her foal is Olympic Glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's going to be soft enough at Newmarket tomorrow I reckon and I am not sure I can be having Deauville at 15/8 with Aidan's horses often being slow out of the blocks at the start of the season. I think Frankus will appreciate the step back in trip and should handle the softer ground better and is just the better value at 15/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I was a fan of Euginio last session but he's not the kind of price that would interest me here. He's got 16lbs to find with Deauville. He'll go well but short enough for me to stay away.

Dundalk 8:30 - A Likely Story is one I have had in my tracker for ages now, but I feel this is the right time to pull the trigger on it. The 7th place in Dundalk last time out was a better performance than it looks with many from that race bunching up together at the finish while it was making decent ground after being held up at the back. With the benefit of that run and another 5lb off its back, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it out runs its odds of 10/1. Northern Surprise dropping down the ratings looks like a big danger to me, but I am not sure it's as well in as my pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Cheltenham tomorrow Taj Talalabad 10/1 looks a price if he’s ok after last months 4th over CD in pertemps won’t have the Irish to beat , runs off same mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Traffic Fluide
    Whataknight
    Captain Midnight
    Shake the bucket yankee to win 150k. Easy

Is the filly in the 1st division of the maiden Coolmore's first Dubawi purchase to hit the track?
    She has an impeccable page.

On a serious drift though with the other Gosden runner being backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Backed 2 today

CRESENDO 25s 8.00 dundalk

Back over 1m tonight. Last 3 runs over this distance 1st off 54, 2nd off 59 (beaten 1/2L) and 4th off 56 (beaten 1 1/2L). Back down to 54 and decent draw.

QUALANDO 18/1 3.15 chelt

2nd in this race last year off 5lbs higher. Has had a small break so will be fresher than most

BOL

Actually on Cheltenham I thought poetic rythm was a good bit over priced. There was a bit of 5/1 around but that got snapped up by the over night vultures. Has a grade 1 penalty for the challow victory but I don't think this race will take much winning.
    Dies Des Bieffes is the obvious one but I didn't exactly have him down as a horse wanting 2 and a half. Think he shapes much better at 2 with a bit of pace in the race. Think he is worth taking on at the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Actually on Cheltenham I thought poetic rythm was a good bit over priced. There was a bit of 5/1 around but that got snapped up by the over night vultures. Has a grade 1 penalty for the challow victory but I don't think this race will take much winning.
    Dies Des Bieffes is the obvious one but I didn't exactly have him down as a horse wanting 2 and a half. Think he shapes much better at 2 with a bit of pace in the race. Think he is worth taking on at the price

5/1 was huge, only got 9/2 last night but was very happy to get that price, should be clear fav in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Dies des bieffes 5/2 into 7/4 is a big move was it put up anywhere by a tipster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Whataknight 4.25 Cheltenham
    Schoolboy Error 7.00 Dundalk
    Andesh 7.30 Dundalk
    Captain Midnight 8.30 Dundalk

6 quid E/W lucky 15 to return a potential 700 quid. Already up on Traffic Fluide so I thought I'd throw some of the winnings at this for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Whataknight it could of been load of balls

Dundalk 8:30 - A Likely Story is one I have had in my tracker for ages now, but I feel this is the right time to pull the trigger on it. The 7th place in Dundalk last time out was a better performance than it looks with many from that race bunching up together at the finish while it was making decent ground after being held up at the back. With the benefit of that run and another 5lb off its back, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it out runs its odds of 10/1. Northern Surprise dropping down the ratings looks like a big danger to me, but I am not sure it's as well in as my pick.
    :cool:

:cool:

Shout Francie! Gold in the sand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Great shout francie. Well done.

Any ideas for today folks?

Looking at Sheika Reika 4.15 and Roaring Lion 3.35 but can't really see anything worth punting on with good odds.

Quite like KUPA RIVER 4.00 ripon today. Has first run for new yard, will love conditions, will have no problem staying the distance as has won over a mile and been dropped 5lbs since last run.
    Might be hard to catch
    Best priced now 6/1

Let Brivido if fit first time out is a solid moral in the Abernant.
    He's just better than these and I don't really think the drop to 6 will be to much of an inconvenience

Let Brivido if fit first time out is a solid moral in the Abernant.
    He's just better than these and I don't really think the drop to 6 will be to much of an inconvenience

Yeah Le Brivido looks the horse to beat, put my money on Dream of Dreams although Spriti of Valor and Brando look good too. Hard to know in this race.

circadian wrote: »
    Yeah Le Brivido looks the horse to beat, put my money on Dream of Dreams although Spriti of Valor and Brando look good too. Hard to know in this race.

Ya its a tricky race. You are taking it on trust that Le Brivido is primed as this is clearly a stepping stone. But personally i couldnt be having anything else in the race at the prices. He was probably a bit of a price at 5/2 last night. But i couldnt get it. Think he is about the right price now. I priced him as about a 6/4 or 7/4 shot.

• Advertisement

The TOM LACEY yard has been flying for quite some time and his only runner at this meeting is ZAROCCO in the bumper.
    Only had the one run but is being nibbled at having opened at 16s and now 10s.

Advertisement