Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas awarded Passenger Transport Company of the Year 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

In all fairness, the luas service was fairly good up until the cross city was opened in December last. So being given the award for 2018 (based on their entire 2017 service) is not surprising. But if they were to get same award next year, given the shambles the new cross city link has been (so far), I would definitely by shouting “shenanigans”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

We haven't so much bad publicity about BXD lately has all the Metrolink bad publicity taken over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

May I ask again if there is any transport authority in Ireland we can make serious complainants about Luas service and it won't be ignored or wiped under carpet ? I have already pile and it is growing !!

• Site Banned Posts: 28 FelchWivMe

i was wearing my REPEAL jumper on the luas today and all the ladies were giving me the sexy eyes. the luas is great

FelchWivMe wrote: »
    i was wearing my REPEAL jumper on the luas today and all the ladies were giving me the sexy eyes. the luas is great

Red or green line?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

FelchWivMe wrote: »

Probably banned for that statement. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

zom wrote: »
    Red or green line?

Doubt anyone on the red would understand the reference :p
    "wats da?"

XPS_Zero wrote: »
    Doubt anyone on the red would understand the reference :p
    "wats da?"

My thought was maybe he just looked like someone with steady job on red luas it may earn "sexy eyes" from some ladies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

zom wrote: »
    Quite ridiculous to read but it states on their website:

https://luas.ie/luas-operator-is-passenger-transport-company-of-the-year

https://luas.ie/assets/uploads/1523634939_Passenger%20Transport%20Company%20of%20the%20Year_Subslider_CS_0418.png

Since company is bunch of incompetent nuts who can't even link to above correctly (their link uses capital letters and so directs to "page not found" instead), I was wondering if there is any transport authority in Ireland we can make serious complainants about Luas service and it won't be ignored or wiped under carpet ? I have already pile of such.

I think we should rip it up and replace it with a bike-only high quality road with a minimum speed limit of 70 km/h, called the MAMIL line. Far more efficient, better for health, and a pilot scheme for every single railway and former railway in the whole of Ireland. And the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Maybe the awarding committee is made up of aggressive youths and junkies who recognised the LUAS as offering them a unique contained public space in which to intimidate law abiding fare paying passengers.

• Advertisement

I think we should rip it up .

I don't want to rip it of just make a complain about quality of new infrastructure not even matching performance of old one. I love all kind of railway, that's why I care.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

boombang wrote: »
    Maybe the awarding committee is made up of aggressive youths and junkies who recognised the LUAS as offering them a unique contained public space in which to intimidate law abiding fare paying passengers.

maybe the main competition is so piss-poor they were an obvious choice...

maybe the main competition is so piss-poor they were an obvious choice...

Sad but true....

Advertisement