Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scottish Grand National 2018

Options
  • 16-04-2018 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't looked at it really but Gold Present was expected to run a big race in Aintree National going by stuff that Nicky H and connections spoke about but the ground came up soft. May be worth a punt - 25s still available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Haven't looked at it really but Gold Present was expected to run a big race in Aintree National going by stuff that Nicky H and connections spoke about but the ground came up soft. May be worth a punt - 25s still available.

Folsom Blue for me in the national
    Charli Parcs ew in the hurdle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I'd imagine the ground at Ayr will be every bit as bad as it was last Saturday tbh.
    That being said he is definitely a horse I think has a bit in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Folsom Blue for me in the national
    Charli Parcs ew in the hurdle

Have backed Folsom in the Welsh, Irish and Punchestown so far this year - think another National may be too much of an ask. May have a little saver on him mind you.
    kiers47 wrote: »
    I'd imagine the ground at Ayr will be every bit as bad as it was last Saturday tbh.
    That being said he is definitely a horse I think has a bit in hand.

Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat forecast in Ayr is up to 16 degrees and sun with the odd shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Silsol would have a right chance if runnning. Cant find anything that confirms his inclusion/exclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Apart from Gold Present the other 2 im interested in are Ballyoptic and Vintage Clouds.

I think id favour Ballyoptic at the prices. Think he will take a bit of beating off 149.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Silsol would have a right chance if runnning. Cant find anything that confirms his inclusion/exclusion.

like him if its soft..

Scottish Grand National Trends and Stats
    15/15 – Last ran 57 days or less ago
    13/15 – Finished in the top 6 last time out
    13/15 – Aged 8 or older
    12/15 – Fallen or unseated no more than once during their careers
    11/15 – Carried 10-9 or less
    https://juicestorm.com/horse-racing/2018-scottish-grand-national-betting-trends-free-tips/

Scottish Grand National Trends
    14 of last 15 winners had run after 1st February
    14 of last 20 winners aged between 8 and 10-years-old
    14 of last 20 weighted 11-00 or less
    7 of last 10 rated between 136 and 146
    11 of last 15 winners priced 12/1 or higher
    15 of 15 between three and six starts that season
    11 of last 15 had won that season
    14 of 15 had won over 3 miles
    12 of 15 had attempted a 4 mile trip (5 had won over 4 miles)
    13 of 15 were either making Ayr debut or had won at Ayr
    https://www.racingtips.com/category/scottish-grand-national/scottish-grand-national-tips-20180417-0007/

Using the below trends from both sites - only one which fits the below is ..... Regal Flow 25/1

15/15 – Last ran 57 days or less ago
    13/15 – Finished in the top 6 last time out
    13/15 – Aged 8 or older

7 of last 10 rated between 136 and 146
    15 of 15 between three and six starts that season
    11 of last 15 had won that season
    14 of 15 had won over 3 miles
    12 of 15 had attempted a 4 mile trip (5 had won over 4 miles)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

His form took a boost with milansbar placing at Aintree. He won lto despite being officially 6lbs wrong according to handicap now up 10lbs , 25/1 looks value

• Advertisement

Have gone with Golden Present 16/1 & Regal Flow 18/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I've backed Fagan, Vicente and Sizing Tennessee.

Missed the bigger process in Vicente but decent prices on the other two. I was big in on Fagan for the national hunt chase NRNB. I am sure he'll be a big player in nationals in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Nulty wrote: »

Missed the bigger process in Vicente but decent prices on the other two. I was big in on Fagan for the national hunt chase NRNB. I am sure he'll be a big player in nationals in the coming years.

Fagan isnt really rated that highly and they'll be pleasantly surprised if he occupies any of the places. Owner is from near Ayr which is why hes running

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Fagan isnt really rated that highly and they'll be pleasantly surprised if he occupies any of the places. Owner is from near Ayr which is why hes running
    I wouldn't say he's a proper graded horse but you don't have to be when competing in Nationals. He wouldn't have run in the NH Chase cause of the ground and the fact the owner knew he had Rathvinden in there as well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

I'm all over Vintage Clouds for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Yeah owner does love these meetings up there especially Perth. To be fair to Fagan though he is has been bided time for the better ground which he will get on saturday and has always looked a national type as he seems a boat.

Im interested in Label Des Obeaux who won over fences at the meeting last season and Sizing Tenn.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

25s on regal flow looks pretty big to me, more rain might help though which isn't coming sadly but I'll take that price
    currently good to soft, good in place for anyone wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

The young master for me 16/1 and 6 places with powers.

Henri Parry Morgan is a cliff horse for me so ill be having a bit ew at 25/1 6 places with PP, was glad to see a bit of old spark last time when he won so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Its going to be so annoying when the young master wins on the decent ground, after i thinking all year he was a near certainty at cheltenham only to get bogged down in the mud. He is too feckin short now to back at all.

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »
    Henri Parry Morgan is a cliff horse for me so ill be having a bit ew at 25/1 6 places with PP, was glad to see a bit of old spark last time when he won so fingers crossed.

Also to add he is still 10lb below when he was 2nd at Aintree to Native River 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

The young master for me 16/1 and 6 places with powers.

Came on here to post this. Decided on this yesterday and sickened now that I missed the 20s about him last night. He's the winner for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Glencairn View and Silsol e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Joe Farrell ew in this for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

revised..

2 in the national
    Fagan and Sizing Tenessee
    2 in the Hurdle
    Charli Parcs and Claimantakenforgan

am sweet on Charli in the hurdle, especially on the ground.
    Geraghty starting to pull a few out of the bag again lately at last
    Classy sort, loves dry, speed to burn. Ran a good 3/4 of the race at cheltenham, this is a massive step down.
    Ruby said he knew faugheen was gone when he couldnt stay with Charli Parcs that day, that form could be enough today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭robbiezero

just to note, coral are paying 7 places.

Cashed them out for a minor loss and took 18/1 and 25/1 on them with 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Indy Five 33-1
    Ballyoptic 14-1
    Regal Flow 25-1
    Beware the Bear 25-1
    Label Des Obeaux 20-1

I like all these EW
    6 PLACES PATSY POWETT

• Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So close and yet so far.

Two places for me and clear profit, so it's something.

Label Des was a higher ew bet, my nap pick.
    Hopefully it placed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Brainz wrote: »
    Joe Farrell ew in this for me

Well done

Advertisement