Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worm fishing

Options
  • 16-04-2018 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi to all, just looking for simple advice on a set up for worm fishing on the river dodder...i be bringing my young lad out to do bit of fishing and want a basic set up for him that would possibly catch him a fish. Any advice or tips be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Hi to all, just looking for simple advice on a set up for worm fishing on the river dodder...i be bringing my young lad out to do bit of fishing and want a basic set up for him that would possibly catch him a fish. Any advice or tips be much appreciated!

It seems it’s ok to worm fish on the Dodder but if the fish swallows the worm it’ll get messy getting the hook out. Why not teach him a little fly fishing? Let him dabble at it Tankara method, just drop the fly into one of the pools? He might enjoy it more than watching a float.
    Either way the clubs have days out for kids.
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/trout/east/dublin/dodder.htm
    It’s been a long time since I lived near the Dodder but the people in the clubs were a great bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Advertisement