Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic car insurance question!

Options
  • 15-04-2018 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I'm 21 years old and recently got insured on a 2010 Ford Fiesta with AXA Drivesafe. I found a 1991 Toyota Corolla for sale today after searching for the past two years and I was wondering how I'd go about owning a 27 year old car. I realise you can't get a classic insurance policy unless you're over 25 but I was thinking I could have one of my parents get insured on it as they both have full licences and are insured on a car each and I could leave it in storage for the next 3-4 years. Would this work out for me or would the insurance company think something was up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Why bother insuring it if its going into storage for 4 years? Just buy it, park it up and insure it when you hit 25,

Advertisement